You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

Here's a chubby little Nazi who got blasted with bear pepper spray...

nazi.jpg

Of course it only took a moment on Twitter...

nazi2.jpg

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Here's a chubby little Nazi who got blasted with bear pepper spray...

https://s24.postimg.org/sdpg1ztnp/nazi.jpg

Of course it only took a moment on Twitter...

https://s14.postimg.org/ypbfbdxn5/nazi2.jpg

He is quite the chubster. What a bunch of disgusting Neanderthals.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Remember when Trump hammered Obama and Hillary for being unable to say "radical Islamic terrorism"?

He couldn't bring himself to say "white supremacist terrorism" today.

He really outed himself today, more so than he ever has. He blamed "many sides." All the videos I saw clearly showed a peaceful march being plowed into by a car. Our president is a racist. Or at least a racist sympathizer. I'm pretty disgusted, but I'm a white man, so I don't have it so bad. I really feel bad for people like my nieces and nephews who are half-Indian.

What do you think Trump would say if a non-white person plowed into a group of white people? He'd call it "radical Islamic terrorism" without a shred of proof.

I'm heartened that many in the GOP have already denounced what happened and called out Trump for refusing to criticize the Nazi marchers.

This photo should tell us all we need to know about how Trump has filled white nationalists with pride and a feeling of welcoming in America now.

https://twitter.com/shaunking/status/896484865184587776

They think Trump supports their cause. And when he won't call them out when they murder fellow Americans, who can blame them?

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

The Alt Right Chickens have come home to Roost

It is not the responsibility of the president of the United States to make specific statements every time a gang of KKK cretins marches up and down a town square. I fear that we’ll never be rid of such people, and in normal times our political leaders are so far removed from hateful movements that no reasonable person could believe they had the slightest sympathy for that kind of vicious bigotry. But today was different, the alt-right movement is different, and this president is different.

Today, a person died. A car rammed into a crowd of left-wing protesters, sending bodies flying across the street. I won’t embed the footage, but it looks horrible, and it’s hard to escape the conclusion that it was intentional. The car rammed the crowd at speed, backed up, and sped away. This horrific incident capped a day of street brawls after hundreds of alt-right activists, neo-Confederates, and outright Nazis marched together to express and defend their “blood and soil” white nationalism. It was a disgusting and reprehensible display.

It would be much easier to write off this small band of racists if they weren’t also part of a larger alt-right movement that was responsible for an unprecedented wave of online threats, intimidation, and harassment throughout the 2016 campaign season. Journalists, writers (including me and my family), and ordinary citizens were targeted with obscene and threatening images, racist messages, “doxing,” and sometimes promises of physical violence — all for the sin of criticizing Trump.

Violence then started to spill into the real world. A man wielding a sword hunted and killed a black man in New York City. A member of an “alt-Reich Nation” Facebook group killed another black man in Maryland. A man opened fire on two immigrants at a bar in Kansas, killing one. A white supremacist in Portland murdered two men on a train who intervened when he harassed a Muslim and her black friend. And that’s not an exclusive list. Meanwhile, the online hate campaigns roll on.

Incredibly, key elements of the Trump coalition, including Trump himself, gave the alt-right aid and comfort. Steve Bannon, the president’s chief strategist, proclaimed that his publication, Breitbart.com, was the “the platform for the alt-right,” Breitbart long protected, promoted, and published Milo Yiannopolous – the alt-right’s foremost “respectable” defender – and Trump himself retweeted alt-right accounts and launched into an explicitly racial attack against an American judge of Mexican descent, an attack that delighted his most racist supporters.

In other words, if there ever was a time in recent American political history for an American president to make a clear, unequivocal statement against the alt-right, it was today. Instead, we got a vague condemnation of “hatred, bigotry and violence on many sides.” This is unacceptable, especially given that Trump can be quite specific when he’s truly angry. Just ask the Khan family, Judge Curiel, James Comey, or any other person he considers a personal enemy. Even worse, members of the alt-right openly celebrated Trump’s statement, taking it as a not-so-veiled decision to stand against media calls to condemn their movement.

America is at a dangerous crossroads. I know full well that I could have supplemented my list of violent white supremacist acts with a list of vicious killings and riots from left-wing extremists – including the recent act of lone-wolf progressive terror directed at GOP members of the House and Senate. There is a bloodlust at the political extremes. Now is the time for moral clarity, specific condemnations of vile American movements – no matter how many MAGA hats its members wear – and for actions that back up those appropriately strong words. As things stand today, we face a darkening political future, potentially greater loss of life, and a degree of polarization that makes 2016 look like a time of national unity. Presidents aren’t all-powerful, but they can either help or hurt. Today, Trump’s words hurt the nation he leads.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/45 … home-roost

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

[/embed]

That's how a leader should respond.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

The walls are closing in:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PoDgCtxPXoY

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

They're terrorists and losers. But if we treat them like terrorists then it needs to be done on the same level with Islamic Terrorists. That also means we need to understand why young men are so disaffected and vulnerable to these groups and stop with the banal oversimplification that I'm hearing today that it's simply the "world is changing" and they can't handle it, which is also an excuse to be a little ugly themselves. I would suspect the rise in young white supremacist ties in with the rising overdose/suicide rate of white men.

And sorry, there are too many social justice warriors (affluent and privileged ones) who've been wishing for something like this and NEVER say anything about the left/anarchist groups who violently protest/riot all the time and antagonize to lure cops into violence. Is this a surprise this worked on a group of unstable people? It also allows an underlying classism to really show through under a veil of pro diversity and faux social justice.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
misterID wrote:

They're terrorists and losers. But if we treat them like terrorists then it needs to be done on the same level with Islamic Terrorists. That also means we need to understand why young men are so disaffected and vulnerable to these groups and stop with the banal oversimplification that I'm hearing today that it's simply the "world is changing" and they can't handle it, which is also an excuse to be a little ugly themselves. I would suspect the rise in young white supremacist ties in with the rising overdose/suicide rate of white men.

And sorry, there are too many social justice warriors (affluent and privileged ones) who've been wishing for something like this and NEVER say anything about the left/anarchist groups who violently protest/riot all the time and antagonize to lure cops into violence. Is this a surprise this worked on a group of unstable people? It also allows an underlying classism to really show through under a veil of pro diversity and faux social justice.

I get it...I get it...I hear what your saying.

First, I've been saying for years that it does us no good as a people to qualify and classify acts of violence based on who is doing it. Why? Because....how often does it happen that when a white man acts out....someone how all of us have to own it (as white men). And we do this in so many different ways....denial, acceptance and everything in between. Qualified acceptance...qualified denial....etc....but each and every one of us has to own an act of 'Islamic terror' or 'white supremacy' or whatever way the act is qualified and classified...

It's how the acts are defined....with a religious qualifier, or a gender qualifier or a racial....or social....

It does us no good to define hateful actions in this way...

I take some exception to your second paragraph because....we're living in a time where the agenda is completely defined as the antithesis of what we had for the previous 8 years. We had a group of people who vehemently opposed our president on the grounds of valid citizenship. Those people persisted and persisted and twisted arguments and convinced us that up was actually down and left was actually right....until we all forgot where we started. Ok....maybe violence per say wasn't occurring on a daily basis...

If there's anything I've learned studying American history of the years it is that acts of violence are either stimulants to change or reactions to change. Are we going to pretend that these acts of violence will ever end?

I've digressed...the point is...I've felt myself owning the acts of white men and have been put in the position to defend those actions. And felt compelled to defend those actions. The same for liberals....the same for democrats...the same for men...the same for Wisconsinites...the same for Scandinavians. There is a natural (seemingly?) attraction to immediately, and without thinking, defending who you represent on a superficial level.

Board footer