You are not logged in. Please register or login.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

Re: US Politics Thread

misterID wrote:

DI9DN-GWAAEMZSR?format=jpg

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Why is this language allowed?  Mitch has used the N word and now uses a slur for Hispanics. Why is this tolerated?

This poster contributes nothing but anger and hostility to any discussion he joins. He's not intelligent and doesn't follow any rhyme or reason.

Is this what the forum represents?  A bigot who used racial slurs and openly attacks anyone who doesn't agree with him?

Neemo?  Lofton?  Any feedback here?  Can anyone say with a straight face Mitch is a constructive poster?  Can anyone point to a post where Mitch isn't an abrasive and combative troll?

Are racial slurs ok now?

I'm serious. This guy repeatedly calls other racists, but he's the only one using slurs. He's a 30 something white guy who obviously is badly damaged and gets some kind of twisted gratification attacking me and repeatedly using racist terminology.

I've reported him. I want someone to declare if this type of offensive language is tolerated. The first rule on the forum guidelines bans this language, yet Mitch repeatedly uses them.

If the mods want to allow Mitch to continue this, can we please implement the ignore feature?  I don't associate or converse with neo nazis and I don't want to be associated with someone who is bold enough to use these words on a public forum. It's bad enough I have to endure his continued stupidity and lack of any thought or effort into his posts.

Project much?

Can you go away too? 

I've had enough of you posting 20 things about how Trump is a felon, me asking you to elaborate, then you throwing a tantrum, calling me names, claiming I can't put words in your mouth.  Then proceed to post more articles calling Trump a felon.

You tried to have this forum taken down remember?  You blamed Lofton for destroying your shit site after Brody had it taken down after you stole photos of he and I and posted them for all your brain dead followers to see.  Remember, one was of me in uniform, and you have the audacity to question whether I was in the Army.  You were actively working to have this site taken down until I informed you it was Brody.  And what did you do as a thank you?  Tell Brody and the the entire forum that I "ratted" him out by stopping you from being a full nutso.

I'm done with you SLC.  You're incapable of having a discussion and are more interested in hurling insults and giving negative karma than having a discussion.  You can't defend your positions, and then outright lie that you hold a viewpoint or articulated it a page earlier.  I wish you all the best and hope you find the medication you desperately need.  I won't be engaging with you anymore.  It's been a fun 14 years

Randall Flagg

James Lofton wrote:

I had to search Mitch and nigger to find the post.

He's right Mitch. You accuse people here of being racist yet you're the one throwing around these slurs. Is it projecting or simply using it for dramatic effect(most likely)? Either way, drop it.

Flagg.... let's drop the threats of outing people here. No one here deserves to be outed or have their business shamed because of things they say on a GNR forum of all places.

Everyone here knows I'm not gonna bother banning long time members who stuck it out but its starting to get ridiculous. There doesn't need to be this much tension among people who've known each other for so long.

Argue or kiss and make up...just leave the slurs and threats out of it.

I'm not going to out anyone.  But I do find it funny that the people who promote violence and use racial slurs on this forum are the first to lose their shit.  I ignored Mitch for 2 months.  He continued to attack me.  I reported it to Neemo, and he said he'd look into it.  Nothing happened. 

SLC posts his usual stuff.  Fine, everyone knows he thinks 9/11 was an inside job and spent years promoting that idea.  But then he verbally attacks me, telling me not to put words in his mouth after I ask him to elaborate on a claim.  He then immediately posts more articles supporting his absurd claim.  This isn't a mutual thing.  He showed up in this thread just to give me negative karma because his buddy Mitch got his hand slapped.  Is this the kind of forum we want?  Where one poster posts absolute nonsense (which is fine), but then lobs insults when he's questioned on his source.  Does anyone buy any of SLC's bullshit on this thread? 

I've disagreed with you, and nearly everyone else on this forum.  But only has 2 or 3 posters resulted in any animosity.  And if you look at their posts, you can see who instigates it.  Buzzsaw was in a similar position.  SLC recently said I never served in the Army.  Are these personal attack acceptable?  Again, this guy had a hard on for you and this site several years ago, actively working to get it taken down.  He's not a good person and quite frankly, he doesn't enhance the discussion in anyway.  ID and I had a passionate discussion for weeks, but neither of us wanted to continue spending our time calling each other names.  He may think I'm the worst person in the world, but he doesn't seek out every post I make to attack me.  Compare that with SLC or especially Mitch.

If you want me to leave, fine.  But I ask you to consider what certain posters motives are on this site and the tone of every post they make.    I'm asking to objectively look at their posting history and mine.  And tell me who the troublemakers are.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I'm not going to out anyone.  .

You just threatened to Dox me too btw...

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

He's right Mitch. You accuse people here of being racist yet you're the one throwing around these slurs. Is it projecting or simply using it for dramatic effect(most likely)? Either way, drop it.

It's clearly for dramatic effect.

Context is everything.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I've disagreed with you, and nearly everyone else on this forum.  But only has 2 or 3 posters resulted in any animosity.  And if you look at their posts, you can see who instigates it.  Buzzsaw was in a similar position.  SLC recently said I never served in the Army.  Are these personal attack acceptable?  Again, this guy had a hard on for you and this site several years ago, actively working to get it taken down.  He's not a good person and quite frankly, he doesn't enhance the discussion in anyway.  ID and I had a passionate discussion for weeks, but neither of us wanted to continue spending our time calling each other names.  He may think I'm the worst person in the world, but he doesn't seek out every post I make to attack me.  Compare that with SLC or especially Mitch.

I'm not a saint, but this is pretty spot on.  I have no issues (obviously) disagreeing with people.  Doesn't mean I hate them; it means we don't agree on stuff.   ID and I have butted heads for years on various topics, but I respect him and I believe he respects me.  We even agreed on the bono situation when that was going down.  There are few people here just to stir shit up and get under people's skin, but these two specifically fit that bill.  I'm sure the negative karma is coming for this post any second now.  It's just ridiculous to the point that I won't even bother with this discussion 99% of the time.  It's just not worth it because two people make it impossible to have a discussion.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Politics in general is really personal. I get animated in real life, online it's easy to get vicious because you're not facing someone, you lose a lot without seeing someone. Online it's like you're on opposing sides of a protest where you act and say things you wouldn't otherwise say.

I think it helps to have other areas on the site where we can discuss things and we're cool with each other. I think if you stick to this thread, where this is your only interaction with others, there's always going to be animosity and it's always going to be personal, there's no decompression. I respect everyone here. We just need to talk more outside this thread. I blame Axl. wink

I don't give negative karma, it's just silly. I think I gave one bad karma once because I received one and I felt like a douche. So I never did it again 16

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

Politics in general is really personal. I get animated in real life, online it's easy to get vicious because you're not facing someone, you lose a lot without seeing someone. Online it's like you're on opposing sides of a protest where you act and say things you wouldn't otherwise say.

I think it helps to have other areas on the site where we can discuss things and we're cool with each other. I think if you stick to this thread, where this is your only interaction with others, there's always going to be animosity and it's always going to be personal, there's no decompression. I respect everyone here. We just need to talk more outside this thread. I blame Axl. wink

I don't give negative karma, it's just silly. I think I gave one bad karma once because I received one and I felt like a douche. So I never did it again 16

I agree on all 3 points.

1. Yeah, its personal. And its best left alone. Don't mix beer & politics, nor Facebook & politics. Facebook & beer is also not advisable, although use your own judgement there. 14

2. I've tried recently to post more elsewhere & keep it a bit lively. I recall Neemo commented a few months ago saying the same thing, I'm sure I can do more, but I have made a concerted effort and think sticking solely in this thread is bad for ones well being. We have so much more to offer. Unfortunately, about 80% of the posts the last year have probably been in this thread.

3. Yeah, I'm not sure I ever gave negative karma either, maybe there's a way to check but if I did it was about 2 or 3 times I would thing and if so, years ago. I forgot about the karma till a couple weeks ago.

Brett
 Rep: 20 

Brett wrote:

You guys are gonna take Randall's bullshit to heart when two months ago he was talking about how all handicapped people should be killed right (it was during a discussion on health care - you can find it if you want, I'm not gonna waste my time)? So I'm sure he's deeply, deeply offended when someone uses slurs in mockery. I don't mind his abstract views - free speech. When his type becomes manipulative, you have to call him out and laugh at his lies and deceitfulness.

You guys are way too smart to fall into that tomfoolery. This is what his type does - they spew hate and deceit and wait for a lefty to slip up, and then by God, they want to bring the fury of hell down like that somehow evens out the hate they have in their hearts and all the dumbfuck shit he's ever spouted.

Randall Flagg... in the end... a crybully... insert the last line of Shotgun Blues here.

Randall Flagg

Can you link that claim?  I don't know who you are. But this is exactly what I'm talking about. Some random joins the conversation, gets a pat on the head from the regulars who make outrageous claims, then disappears. I assure you I've said no such thing. But eagerly await for you to prove me wrong.

I'm sure you'll vanish soon and not defend your horrendous accusation.

The people who post in this thread know I've made no such claim, but I'm sure you'll get a positive karma from the other guy who makes outrageous claims then spends 3 posts denying he ever made them.

Like ID said, I think we take this too personal at times. But I'm not going to let someone call me a racist because I believe in borders or claim that I want handicap people to die (I'm a bonafide disabled veteran, so your idea is absurd if you believe I'm working for my own best interests).

But here's a quick refresher on my stances without the nuance for those who might believe whomever Brett is.

1.) I support abortion
2.) I want Gerrymandering fixed
3.) I voted for Hillary
4.) I support gay marriage
5.) I support Medicare for all
6.) I want Dreamers to get protection through congress, and I want our immigration laws enforced
7.) I generally oppose military intervention, but North Korea is the exception
8.) the 2nd amendment is just as important as the first
9.) I believe your choices and actions have 99% to do with your success in life, not your race or gender
10.) I don't believe in God and don't care what the invisible man in the sky told you in a book.

But tell me how those views make me the hardcore antithesis of the "lefty" you apparently identify with.

Few put the effort and thought into their arguments I do. And even fewer are willing to concede to a better opinion.

But I'm pleased to meet your acquaintance. I'm sure you'll provide us with many posts that are constructive, thought out and have evidence to support them.

Edit:  I did a search on myself for  'disabled', 'disability' and 'handicap'.  About 4 posts come up under each, with this being one of them.  In that group, I talked about my support (that Trump overturned) for Obama's ban on firearm ownership for those on ss disability for a mental illness, the reporter who Trump "mocked", and a post about identity politics where disabled was in a long list of a fictitious lesbian immigrant who belonged to 10 different identity groups.

Not one post where I talk negatively about the handicapped, let alone advocate they should all be killed.  Yet, I'm somehow the asshole for defending myself when some unknown poster pops in, and makes an accusation he states up front he won't defend.  And some people wonder why some of my posts come across as irritate or angry when I have to defend myself against such horrible accusations.

Board footer