You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: What Are You Listening To?

esoterica wrote:

Fleetwood Mac's discography w/ Buckingham Nicks

I really dug this record. The self-titled feels like a precursor to Rumors but this is a whole different animal. I liked the feminine energy. Sexy opener from Buckingham. The back half shows it's age with the 80s touchstones. I love the album cover.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Anyone hear of these guys?  JUst saw a post on FB.  Checked out some live vids of them, they seem legit. Seems its 3 brothers, and a drummer.  Still playing some smaller venues at the moment. Cool song, Zeppelin-esque sound obviously.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

How does anything like that make any waves now? The music industry is just noise pollution now. Its also disposable. There's just too much competition now and without labels seperating the corn from the shit, everything gets through....which means nothing gets through.

Today you can be in the top 40 selling 2k copies of your album. That is insane.

The song is ok. I doubt I'll ever hear it again unless it winds up in a commercial.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4C4lLesNMo&list=PLmUFWAexxcezCN3sBy1UmgFK8ysGZpPpl&index=1

Michael's best record not named Thriller.

It's amazing the lack of respect that ELO gets in the popular consciousness. Very influential.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Been going back to some of the classics! Plus I love the movie.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzTVdj0QpqE

Wagszilla wrote:

It's amazing the lack of respect that ELO gets in the popular consciousness. Very influential.

No shit. Its almost like they never existed. 18 Once in a blue moon I'll hear Evil Woman on the radio.....that's it. If the current generation knows of them, they're probably considered a one hit wonder.

One huge problem they had was image...or lack of it. The band had no bad ass looking rock stars and Jeff Lynne the only one marketable.

70s a weird time. Not a lot of videos, no music channel, and if you didn't have a good image, your career probably wasn't going to last long, especially when the 80s kicked off. Hell, look at Christopher Cross. Dude had mega hit after mega-hit but as soon as women saw what he looked like....career over.

This guy was in a similar boat. I LOVED this song. It was on the radio constantly. When I finally saw this video years later, I was shocked that HE was singing it.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Vampiro
 Rep: 0 

Vampiro wrote:

listening to the new Noel Gallagher album....eeeehhhhhhhhhhhhh...its different, and like 3 good songs on it. but otherwise, bleh...

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Steel Panther: All you can eat

The lyrics are ridiculous, but the songs, melodies, harmonizing, riffs etc are actually really good. I've been listing all week.

johndivney wrote:

Radiohead - no surprises

My first love. Says it all.. roll 17 18 19 9 3

Board footer