You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Re: US Politics Thread

I just think it's great Trump is working with Pelosi and Scumer.  Get DACA done, then move on to tax reform (an article today said Trump wanted to raise taxes on the wealthy), the tackle medical care.  I just hope Trump puts in the effort on DACA to make sure it makes sense, and we don't have repeat of 86 where progressive judges still rule for amnesty. Some of these states will sue if they get looked at wrong, so I'm hoping they eventually get to tackle tort reform too.  At what point can we remove judges who issues bullshit rulings and are repeatedly slapped down by SCOTUS?

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I told ya that was gonna happen. Jefferson isn't where this shit ends either.

I don't think dems understand the electorate either. Identity politics will not win. A Democratic strategist actually said they don't need the white male vote. YOU FUCKING IDIOT, YOU CANNOT WIN THE HOUSE OR SENATE WITHOUT US.

Yep....they didn't learn not one goddamn thing from the election and are going to hand Trump a second term on a silver platter.

When you don't learn anything from THAT election, you've got problems. MAJOR problems....

And this is where this statue shit gets stupid IMO.

I actually agree with promoting the removal of confederate generals, etc. from your town squares. Why memorialise traitors who formed a break away nation state and declared war on the one you now live in, decades after the fact? Just doesn't make sense. Would seem to me it makes sense to move these statues to a place where they can be presented in the right context - a museum, or a public place exhibition (enhance the areas surrounding these with information signs etc. that give it historical context.

But wanting statues of US presidents removed.... the guy had his flaws but he also wrote the Bill of Rights, he kind of warrants a statue.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
Axl S wrote:

And this is where this statue shit gets stupid IMO.

I actually agree with promoting the removal of confederate generals, etc. from your town squares. Why memorialise traitors who formed a break away nation state and declared war on the one you now live in, decades after the fact? Just doesn't make sense. Would seem to me it makes sense to move these statues to a place where they can be presented in the right context - a museum, or a public place exhibition (enhance the areas surrounding these with information signs etc. that give it historical context.

I agree with this exactly. To add to it, I think its where some of the politicans/leaders of the movements went wrong or mishandled its ending. They should emphasize the fact these generals etc fought against the US, and fought to keep slavery as it was. And for that, why are we memorializing them as if they were standard Americanized hero's (or whatever you want to call them).  Moving them to a historical war park or museum would have handled it well to.

Instead what we're left with is demanding the takedown of anyone who was a slave owner of sorts, which, I get to an extent. However when it leads to nearly every pre-Civil War era person being associated, we're kinda missing some key points. When it involves Washington & Ben Franklin etc, I think they're contributions were pretty substantial.  I don't wanna open an 'at the time everyone else was doing it' type debate, but I think you all know what I mean by that.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bernie has no way to pay for his plan outside jacking up everyone's taxes.

It's not as if it's going to happen anyway.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Trump isn't going anywhere.

His base is now apoplectic, and he has historical low approval ratings. Recent interviews with people who voted for Trump (not those who ID as right wing voters) are very disappointed in him. He's also slowly sinking under the weight of this Russian investigation (if you like to admit it or not.) Completing his term would be a miracle. Getting elected for a second term isn't even realistic.

This discussion about the Dems is odd. The GOP is in control, and aren't accomplishing anything right now. They are completely dysfunctional.

Perhaps that's why Trump decided to extend an Olive Branch to the left side of the aisle? Maybe there is some part of him that is frustrated with the Republicans and would actually like to get things done other than Tweeting all day. But with him I really have no idea. Maybe he just wanted to troll the righties whom he felt weren't being nice to him?

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
misterID wrote:

Bernie has no way to pay for his plan outside jacking up everyone's taxes.

It's not as if it's going to happen anyway.

But that bill is going to stick to Kamala which is essentially Bernie's vanity project. It's irritating seeing what a prime opportunity the dems have and they seem focused on making a ridiculous, alienating point than winning.

Randall Flagg

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-wants- … 53624.html

Dumb idea.  We're not Russia, and inviting the "never Trump" crowd to try and interupt/disrupt a military parade is bad for business.  The Abrams may not stop when Shaun King tries to pull a Tienanmen, and Antifa will piss their pants if they try to punch a Soldier.  If Trump wants to impress everyone, shoot down the next missile NK launches.

johndivney wrote:

So am not allowed a work visa because I passed for coke one time.
Bizarre immedgration policy, I was really only over to try the drugs then come home had no intention to stay. Unless drugs were that good.

Don't/do drugs they are/aren't worth it.

Randall Flagg

johndivney wrote:

So am not allowed a work visa because I passed for coke one time.
Bizarre immedgration policy, I was really only over to try the drugs then come home had no intention to stay. Unless drugs were that good.

Don't/do drugs they are/aren't worth it.

What?  Is that slang from where you're from?  You pissed hot for coke in your country or you pissed hot for coke in the US?  How is there a record of it in any case?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-wants- … 53624.html
If Trump wants to impress everyone, shoot down the next missile NK launches.

I was thinking about this the other day, and I thought the same thing. It wouldn't be an attack on North Korea, per se, but it would show we are not going to tolerate NK lobbing missiles over Japan or at our territories in the Pacific. Imagine if a country launched a missile over the U.S.? We'd all be pretty scared/pissed/horrified. I can't imagine the people of Japan like it much.

It's a delicate situation, because both countries are run by lunatics, so hopefully we can avoid the worst ...

Board footer