You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:

Ban whatever you want; absolutely nothing changes. If all guns were made illegal today, it would be decades before any noticeable decrease in availability happened. And we know that will and can never happen.  Bad guys will ALWAYS have access to guns.  All you can control is the few that would turn their's in.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Ban whatever you want; absolutely nothing changes. If all guns were made illegal today, it would be decades before any noticeable decrease in availability happened. And we know that will and can never happen.  Bad guys will ALWAYS have access to guns.  All you can control is the few that would turn their's in.

Why has Australia's mass shootings dropped dramatically?? Can we not admit we have a fucking problem??? Jesus Christ, 600 people just got shot and you guys say nothing can be done.

Pistols ok
Shotguns ok
Hunting rifle ok
AR 15 with 100 round mag and a bump stock is NOT OKAY

can we at least admit this simple shit?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

I won't.  I'm all for tighter background checks and expanding them.  I'm not going to ban a weapon because 10 citizens out of 90 million used them for carnage.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

[/embed]

I love it. Funny stuff and great to see.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I won't.  I'm all for tighter background checks and expanding them.  I'm not going to ban a weapon because 10 citizens out of 90 million used them for carnage.

Why not make tanks and RPG's legal then as well? Why not bring full Auto since you don't mind have the bumpstock which makes a gun full auto. How the fuck did you vote for Clinton with these NRA beliefs?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Why not make tanks and RPG's legal then as well? Why not bring full Auto since you don't mind have the bumpstock which makes a gun full auto. How the fuck did you vote for Clinton with these NRA beliefs?

Tanks are legal.  Can you point to me the last time a full auto weapon was used in a crime?  You're being emotional and nothing you're proposing is based on facts or statistics. 

Here's an article from a statistician from 538, this forums's favorite poll, in the Washington Post.  You should read what he has to say:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ … story.html

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Randall Flagg wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I think to say nothing can be done is ridiculous, even if it's just baby steps. Obama I believe (one of you may know the details better than me) passed a bill making it much harder for people with mental illnesses to buy guns. The fact that wasn't already a law is scary enough but it is evidence that something constructive could be done. Trump has since revoked it.

If someone is hell bent on committing something like this then yes it is difficult to stop completely but surely making them harder to achieve would be progress, no? 

I realise I come from the UK so I do admittedly find the US's gun fetish a bit baffling but how anyone can argue the need for assault rifles at home is beyond me. The train of thought that outlawing a weapon that can injure and kill 600 people in 10 minutes in the middle of one of the most iconic streets in the world is somehow violating them of their rights I find staggering.

This is the problem. Misinformation. This is exactly what the video I posted talked about. Obama didn’t do anything. His EO applied to people on government disability for mental defects that needed a 3rd party to manage their affairs.

The ACLU sued him, and before it got to the courts Trump stopped it. But Obama didn’t do anything about mental illness. He’s the guy that changed the law so we have to call the mentally ill by their preferred pronoun remember?

Ok, like I said you may know more details than I do. So lets just forget Obama for a second then and say he did nothing and Trump as well. Are there no extra checks, regulations or restrictions on someone who is mentally ill buying a gun (serious question)?

That's exactly the point of a gun like that though isn't it, carnage. It doesn't serve any other purpose, there's no need in the real world for a regular citizen to have a gun like that.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

Tanks are legal.  Can you point to me the last time a full auto weapon was used in a crime?  You're being emotional and nothing you're proposing is based on facts or statistics. 

Here's an article from a statistician from 538, this forums's favorite poll, in the Washington Post.  You should read what he has to say:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/ … story.html

A full auto was used in Vegas. What do you think the bumpstock does??  MAKES THE SEMIAUTO FULL AUTO. Now you can tell me semantics if you like now the mechanisms aren't exactly the same but who gives a fuck. He got the same effect. I am not emotional, I am being RATIONAL. There is no need for anyone to have a bumpstock on an AR15 with a 100 round clip. That shit also will not stop the govt either lol. If they want your gun the AR 15 isn't gonna stop a cruis missile. Lol. We have whackos ruining a good thing.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Why has Australia's mass shootings dropped dramatically?? Can we not admit we have a fucking problem??? Jesus Christ, 600 people just got shot and you guys say nothing can be done.

Pistols ok
Shotguns ok
Hunting rifle ok
AR 15 with 100 round mag and a bump stock is NOT OKAY

can we at least admit this simple shit?

What's the point? The guy that wants to kill people is still going to get whatever you make illegal. You have to take a realistic approach to life, not a fairy tale one.

Board footer