You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: New Tour Dates Added

zombux wrote:
metallex78 wrote:

Madagascar with Slash? Now that I’d like to hear!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP2HyCmATww
Richard is doing lead guitar though wink

Well chuffed they kept Richard's solo. I kind of suspected they would – there's precedent as he's played it before, it's pretty effects-driven, and with the synths and movie samples it feels less like a showboating solo for Slash to noodle over and more like a guitar part in an orchestral arrangement.

SMH that everyone with a camera pointed it at Slash playing chords during Richard's solo, though.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Madagascar and twat are both very boring live. I thought both songs were perfect for a piss break. The solo Richard plays is so meh. It goes nowhere. It does nothing. That sample shit is terrible.

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Hope IRS is next.

harmon420
 Rep: 20 

harmon420 wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Hope IRS is next.

I wouldn't even care if Axl went full Mickey.  I'm dying to hear this incarnation' s take.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

It's cool they played Madagascar.

A favorite of mine, Axl sounded pretty good too.

#BeingPositive #TheyTweakedTheSetlist #OkBackToMyShedNow

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I love Madagascar although I was hoping Slash would do the solo in the middle and change the arrangement a bit like they did with CD and Better.

To me the Bucket solo never really fit the song and the music was begging for a nice classic slash middle solo there. It's like the first half of the song is great, then there's noodling and samples, then a token 3rd verse and it just ends. Wonderful inspirational song but it really needs to go somewhere musically that it does't from around half way onwards.

TWAT is probably my favourite GNR song but it doesn't work when Axl can't/won't do the screams...the whole song builds to those...without them it's kinda just frustrating.

It's cool that they're mixing up the set a bit though.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Buckets live maddy solos were far, far superior to the album version.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Calling Madagascar "maddy" is one of the most ridiculous things on GNR forums. It totally makes it sounds like a real pussy type song.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Don't get maddy because you're petty.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:

Don't get maddy because you're petty.

Do you want to go to the Nashville show?  I want to go but have nobody to go with.

Board footer