You are not logged in. Please register or login.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Re: GNREvo's 10th anniversary

We managed to overlook it on the day but this site turned 10 on Monday 9th October 5

Thanks to all the people who've posted and contributed to this site over the last decade. We might not be as busy as we used to be but we wouldn't want to talk GNR with anyone else 19

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Nice...its been a long fucking time hasnt it

Heers everyone thats contributed over the years

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Ten years? It actually feels like so much longer. Feels like I’ve been chatting here forever.

I still remember when I was first lured over here from htgth which was slowly turning to shit. I liked how open this place was to talking about all lineups of Guns and music and things in general.

It’s funny to think that we had our realisation come to fruition with the actual release of CD during our time here too. It had been rumoured for so long, I honestly thought we’d never see it’s release.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Its been a cool site. Still hanging in there, ashame some of the initial posters have dropped off or left (Gunslinger, Communist China & others). I can't blame them, this place was on life support a couple years ago, just tumbleweeds when we'd check in. The reunion & politics has kinda kept it going a bit. I belonged to a local message board forum, and forgot about it the past few months. It too has been slipping & I checked back in & seems I missed nothing, just a post here & there.

Its been a good ride here, always a pretty friendly community & we had a diverse background & taste. From talking sports, to girls & dating, to movies and any kind of music. James finally sold me on Lady Gagas first album here. Can't remember where I downloaded it, myb he had a link but I gave it a chance and it was alright. I never fully bought in to MIA but he pushed her hard lol. And Star Wars, we love our Star Wars here.

Good times 5  hard to believe its been 10

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I remember the first day when we came online and everyone moved over from that temporary proboards forum we had going after the implosion of ROV.

I cant believe its been 10 years. Where did the time go?

We were the little engine that could. THis site had no right to be as successful as it was. It was truly the members that made it what it was. It was always about the community.

We never censored.

We never sold out.

and we could have. Easily.  Some would say we should have.

We were on the map. They couldn't ignore us. When media outlets wanted to find out what was going on with the band/album, they didn't go to HTGTH or mygnr. They came here.

When the GNR camp wanted to gauge the real opinions of the hardcore base they didn't get it at HTGTH or mygnr. They got it here.

When various situations regarding certain leaks was going on, it didn't happen at HTGTH or mygnr. They were censoring it. It happened here(and the old site).

Did we suffer in the long run due to various drama and other nonsense? Absolutely.

But you weren't censored for a backstage pass. You weren't censored for an assistant's email addy. You weren't censored for concert tickets. You weren't censored for future perks....

and I'm ok with that.

In hindsight, the GNR camp should've supported THIS site for the fact that we never did those things...and never wanted to. We were the outlaws of the forum world.....

we were the exact thing that the old GNR would've loved.....

and maybe that was part of the problem.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

So funny story. ..

I went to both shows in Chicago last year.  The second show we had a group of maybe 10 people meet up at my friend's house and we walked to the venue from there.  We had good seats just to the right of the stage maybe 3 or 4 rows up.  One of the people we were with knew fernando, and fernando upgraded all of us to the pit.  As I shook his hand thanking him, I chuckled thinking there's no way he would have done that if he knew I was buzzsaw on this site.

This place is still the place I go to.  I have an account at mygnr, but I almost never go there.  For all of its "faults" this place is home. It's family. We fight.  We don't agree on stuff, but I've met a few of you for beers over the years and never had a bad experience or regretted it.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

As I shook his hand thanking him, I chuckled thinking there's no way he would have done that if he knew I was buzzsaw on this site.

Thats funny..

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I remember the first day when we came online and everyone moved over from that temporary proboards forum we had going after the implosion of ROV.

I cant believe its been 10 years. Where did the time go?

We were the little engine that could. THis site had no right to be as successful as it was. It was truly the members that made it what it was. It was always about the community.

We never censored.

We never sold out.

and we could have. Easily.  Some would say we should have.

We were on the map. They couldn't ignore us. When media outlets wanted to find out what was going on with the band/album, they didn't go to HTGTH or mygnr. They came here.

When the GNR camp wanted to gauge the real opinions of the hardcore base they didn't get it at HTGTH or mygnr. They got it here.

When various situations regarding certain leaks was going on, it didn't happen at HTGTH or mygnr. They were censoring it. It happened here(and the old site).

Did we suffer in the long run due to various drama and other nonsense? Absolutely.

But you weren't censored for a backstage pass. You weren't censored for an assistant's email addy. You weren't censored for concert tickets. You weren't censored for future perks....

and I'm ok with that.

In hindsight, the GNR camp should've supported THIS site for the fact that we never did those things...and never wanted to. We were the outlaws of the forum world.....

we were the exact thing that the old GNR would've loved.....

and maybe that was part of the problem.

Pretty much everything you said James 9

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

wow 10 years!

To be honest though I thought it would have been slightly longer...maybe i'm thinking of the ROV days...or meeting some of you on HTGTH before...but I kinda feel like we've known each other even longer!

Next year is the 10 year anniversary of CD, and 17 years since they debuted Silkworms....something to blow the mind hahah

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

I love all you fuckers.

Board footer