You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Went to see Gn'R on Monday

mitchejw wrote:

OK so forgive me if this is not in the right forum...

I just had a few thoughts to share...first...they are just super polished. They've tweaked the set list a bit since i saw them at Soldier field...I don't recall them playing Yesterdays in 2016.

Anyway...I was obviously impressed with the whole show...the Soundgarden cover was cool too.

I just wanted to specifically point out that I was really awed by their encore. If you include the Seeker...they played 5 songs to close out the show. 2 of which were Chinese Democracy songs. It just got me thinking that maybe they are more plans in store for Chinese Democracy...the album has been out for almost 10 years. I cannot understand why they would play any Chinese Democracy songs at all if they wanted to bury it. I may be off on that impression...but it's really interesting to me how they're featured. It just really felt like a bit less of a nostalgia act.

Also, it's so much fun but so exhausting. They play for what seems like forever...and if you are inclined to sing along...trust me, you'll be tired by the end.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

The optimist in me hopes for a re-release in 2018 for the 10th Anniversary (jesus, god).

They could add some other songs as a bonus disc / bonus tracks like was the plan of yesteryear.

The realist in me is 99.9% sure that Nov. 23, 2018 will come and pass without a word.

Glad you had a good time at the show, friend. 9

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

In 2016 I stood in line all day until the time to enter the stadium, the show was incredible and after him I just sat on the sidewalk and praised. It's really tiring. And I drank pepper spray (burns) because of a guy on my side who was causing problems. lol

So there are other people who make assumptions with patterns that we recognize as a "clue" to something, we want it to look reasonable, but then we think, it's GNR, and we fall into the real. That is: Guess we'll have to wait and see.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I was saying somewhere else - IF and of course with GnR it's a massive IF - but IF you ever wanted to rerelease Chinese Democracy - and maybe fix the booklet and put out a bonus disc with the "MSL" Remixes....well...the 10th Anniversary would be a much more logical time to do that than a normal year....

Then again to put this in context...the band let the 20th and 30th anniversary of AFD pass without a remaster or SE....and it's one of the most important albums in rock history.....

As for playing more CD songs. I think it's just Axl's way of variation. He did a similar thing in 2014 when he knew he had no gigs on the horizon for a while.  So you could speculate it means next year is a silent year too.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

the label held back the re-released cd w/ the remixes because they were cornering axl into a reunion. with slash now at his side, why do you really think the band has been playing all the different cd songs for this entire tour? it's simple... slash is working out his parts for a deluxe, re-mastered & re-recorded 10th anniversary edition -- the proper release of the album axl had always envisioned.

remember how axl said there was 3 songs on cd that he wanted slash to play on?

we're finally going to get it.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

Dude i hope that is right.

A redone CD with Slash all over it - and maybe the TIL redone vocals from the leak - damn.....it could be insanely amazing...

To be honest i doubt it though - isn't the contract for slash and duff for tours only and ends in Jan? 18

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

axl has already secured enough guitar & bass parts from slash & duff to work with during the post-tour downtime.

since he owns the name and the songs, he can freely do what he wills with them, even if slash & duff's contracts have expired.

i can only hope this deluxe edition includes new versions of the "big guns" from cd 2/self-titled/stay of execution.

since nobody's ever heard them, axl could drop the general or atlas shrugged feat. slash solos and it would do iron man 3 numbers.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:

I don't have high hopes for a re-release of Chinese, but if it did happen, next year is the logical time to do it. I wouldn't count on a Slash remix, throwing a couple "new" songs on with Slash like Atlas/Checkmate/General or whatever in a deluxe edition could be possible. Like the rumored Greatest Hits.

Shit, could you imagine a new version of OMG with Slash? That could be badass.

monkeychow

monkeychow wrote:

I'd love TIL and the CD title track with Slash in the studio...would blow my mind. And of course new stuff.

I dunno...seems like they're going easy to me though and this tour was just about the tour.

We'll see what happens by 2020 I guess.

Also depends on if Axl/Dc is happening next year like rumours say.

Board footer