You are not logged in. Please register or login.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Thanks for PM folks. Great version much better than what ended on Chinese.

Rawer, with more guitars and actual drums. Could have used some rasp but still it`s awesome.

There's far less guitars than the final version.

And the guitar playing is much worse on this version at least the non BH stuff. The solo is the same or very similar but the rythem guitar is awful on this version

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

yes, I also think they spoiled The Blues with the album version. those old live versions sounded very... intimate... hard to explain as I'm not a native English speaker, haha. the album version sounds sterile, can't tell why, maybe it's just the mix.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

The blues sounded dead on arrival since the first leak to me it was very cold and robotic feeling

I love the piano and strings but the versions out there are quite sub par as others have said

The acoustic guitar added another style to the mix that it didn’t need. It needed consistency not changing every second

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
zombux wrote:

yes, I also think they spoiled The Blues with the album version. those old live versions sounded very... intimate... hard to explain as I'm not a native English speaker, haha. the album version sounds sterile, can't tell why, maybe it's just the mix.

For the blues, all I wanted is a studio version like the live boston 2002 version

Like the guitar lick he does at :30 not sure why that was ever removed on the first set of demos then when it was added back in for the album version it was a shitter version of that great guitar lick

Also that flute syth thing they do during the song ilke at the 2:00  and again at 3:14 was always great too

And not sure why he took out the ahhhhh ahhh part at 3:45 it always added to the build up to the outro

Not to mention him adding the cringy lyrics to the outro instead of just leaving it the ahh ahh ahh ruined the song for me

The tempo of the live 2002 version was always way better too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSx3QBr_mt8

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I guess they just got lost in 3576985 versions of the song and in the end they just picked some, just to get the thing released.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

Madagascar was chosen to test the waters. I haven't yet ruled out The Blues and maybe more, but I was hoping this could hold us over until either Appetite 30 comes out or xmas comes. Either way, the fans will have some new GNR tunes when Santa comes.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

K2OzSah.jpg

dave-gnfnr

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Walker wrote:

Madagascar was chosen to test the waters. I haven't yet ruled out The Blues and maybe more, but I was hoping this could hold us over until either Appetite 30 comes out or xmas comes. Either way, the fans will have some new GNR tunes when Santa comes.

The blues is the one I care about the most, if just basically a studio version of the live 2002 and from your description that is what it sounds like.

I just want a decent studio version of the blues lol  The leaks and the album version ruined the song for me

I hope we dont have to wait long for at least the blues, I can wait longer for everything else ha

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:
Voodoochild wrote:
Ragnar wrote:

Thanks for PM folks. Great version much better than what ended on Chinese.

Rawer, with more guitars and actual drums. Could have used some rasp but still it`s awesome.

There's far less guitars than the final version.

My bad. Listened to it few more times and have to agree.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Anyone able to help a brother out?

Board footer