You are not logged in. Please register or login.

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

CSS 2.0 wrote:
jonesy wrote:

Anyone able to help a brother out?

Co-signed.

It feels lame popping up like this after a 6 month absence, but please.

Edit: Thank you very much.

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

You guys rock. Thank you.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

It's my favorite studio version of Madagascar out there.

The drums hang back and then kick in at the chorus, giving it the proper emphasis. The other percussive elements are more audible, you can hear the samba shakers for example. I liked how Andy Wallace's mixes would bring in the ambient elements as little flourishes here and there and this follows a similar style which is great.

The vocals are also pitched up with the various processing making it more in line to the superlative Rio 2001 performance and of course no horrid vocal stretching to be found.

If this were a final mix, I'd say the synth and strings during the sample should be brought up to cascade in levels but on the whole, it's the best version of Madagascar I've heard.

It also made me wonder about and pine for a truly seamless version of Chinese Democracy where each outro and intro blends into one another. This has another weird, extended outro like the Riad leak which I quite enjoy alongside the extended intro on If The World.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:

Someone finally delivers! Thanks for the PM, Walker. 9

Ragnar
 Rep: 8 

Ragnar wrote:

Rhythm guitar is n`t good. Probably Axl smashes those power chords himself.

I have to retract my early statement. It`s not better than album version. It`s far inferior. It needed more work and it shows.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Bring on the others.

I'm greedy and I like shaking presents under the tree.

Except Christmas was 9 years ago so I'm not sure about that metaphor/reference 16

Ragnar wrote:

Rhythm guitar is n`t good. Probably Axl smashes those power chords himself.

I have to retract my early statement. It`s not better than album version. It`s far inferior. It needed more work and it shows.

This is true, I like it though. Kind of shitty in an endearing sort of way.

There's an audio socket before the sample montage which is awkward but yeah, besides that I quite like it. They've could've conceivably cleaned up the transitions in the mix and master.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I might be in the minority here and not to sound ungrateful or anything but I couldn’t give a shit about hearing another demo of a CD song. I don’t understand the fuss.

I’m sure I’ll check it out at some stage but I’m in no rush. Another version of Madagascar, meh.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

It's my favorite studio version of Madagascar out there.

The drums hang back and then kick in at the chorus, giving it the proper emphasis. The other percussive elements are more audible, you can hear the samba shakers for example. I liked how Andy Wallace's mixes would bring in the ambient elements as little flourishes here and there and this follows a similar style which is great.

The vocals are also pitched up with the various processing making it more in line to the superlative Rio 2001 performance and of course no horrid vocal stretching to be found.

If this were a final mix, I'd say the synth and strings during the sample should be brought up to cascade in levels but on the whole, it's the best version of Madagascar I've heard.

It also made me wonder about and pine for a truly seamless version of Chinese Democracy where each outro and intro blends into one another. This has another weird, extended outro like the Riad leak which I quite enjoy alongside the extended intro on If The World.

The mix is better than the album version but some of the guitars on this version need to be cleaned up.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:

This track made it to mygnr and is already blowing up, in a good way

jonesy
 Rep: 15 

jonesy wrote:

Agreed, I much prefer this to the album version, even with the sketchy guitars, it just seems to work better being sparse. BH solo could have done with a notch up though ;-). bucket

Board footer