You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Vampiro
 Rep: 0 

Re: LEAKS THREAD

Vampiro wrote:

If I could get a pm too that would be appreciative.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

I stand corrected. We have one more of the many Madagascars.

Voodoochild wrote:

IMO, there's absolutely no Robin in this version. And the drums reminded me of Josh Freese's tone in the other 1999 leaks.

zombux wrote:

might be one of those versions that had Robin deleted - after he left the band in 1999, with some later touches by RTB in 2000/2001, regardless of that Robin got back by that time.

Voodoochild wrote:

Yep. But it's different from what we got previously. We had IRS (both in 1999 and 2000-ish) that still had tons of Robin's leads. Catcher 99 still had Robin's leads mixed with May's solos. TWAT too still had Robin. It's not like he was erased, he was still there - much like Bucket was still very much present in almost all of the final album.

Yes, this sounds like it's from the transitional period between Beavan/Robin and RTB/Bucket in early 2000. As you said, the drums sound more Josh than Brain.

Hard to say for sure, but this is definitely the oldest version of Maddy so far.

Ragnar wrote:

Rhythm guitar is n`t good. Probably Axl smashes those power chords himself.

My thoughts exactly 14

"I can do rhythm gtr."
"Er, boss..."
"Yeees?"
"Um, sounds great."

zombux wrote:

this is, together with existing 2001/2 live versions, a good example of what RTB was trying to do - he was hired, because the previous Beavan mixes were considered somewhat too "modern" and they needed to make the stuff more "classic".

And you can hear the Beavan influence therein, like in the outro. In retrospect, they should've released the album under the 'solo album' clause and gotten over it. Whenever I look at a prolonged creative endeavor like CD, there's always that decision to 'upgrade' things as the first incarnation is nearly done. It's a sure-fire way to run the project to the ground. You can't make the songs better so easily, they have a natural lifespan in the studio and beyond that, it's diminishing returns.

zombux wrote:

what Beavan did with Marilyn Manson just a few years ago (he produced Portrait, Antichrist Superstar and Mechanical Animals, and especially the latter two of them have MASSIVELY great sound). I'd still take ANY Beavan mix before ANYTHING else from RTB or later time.
still, this is an interesting insight into work-in-progress at one of the track we are very familiar with.

I think Beavan was a full producer only on Mechanical Animals. Trent and Manson produced ACSS.

Aside that, what you said. What's been established well before this cut is that the album was always in shambles. There was never a definite version of any song we've heard. The album cuts are bloated and poorly mixed (that's right, Axl & Caram). Part of the problem was obviously that there were too many options accumulated over the years and they ended up compiling everything from sub-bass to superfluous overdubs, because more is more.

Appetiteforcovers
 Rep: 1 

Pm me if you need the link

CSS 2.0
 Rep: 35 

CSS 2.0 wrote:

Not to sound "ungrateful", but I don't like it. I was convinced it was made in a basement on someone's laptop until the drums and some of the guitars solidified it as real.

It just sounds like an unfinished mess to me. Though I suppose that's kinda the point since this is most certainly a rough demo.

Axl's voice - while the same vocal track which eventually ended up on CD - hasn't yet been cleaned up (with autotune) and falls flat on several occasions throughout.

With that said I'm glad to have heard it and would be very interested in getting my hands on further material.

Vampiro

Vampiro wrote:

got it thanks man!

version is interesting, I dig the mix alot, but its lacking robin, I always enjoyed his backing vocals on the 2002 live versions alot and was hoping this one would have it without the axl over dub. would love to hear The Blues from this timeframe.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Hook me up

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Thanks smile Doesn't sound RTB, sounds earlier. Beavan, or adapted amateur

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Still waiting on a PM. Asked for one 10 or so pages back...

briburge

briburge wrote:

Wondering if I could bet a pm?

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:
dave-gnfnr wrote:

The TWAT and IRS 99 leaks are from before BH joined the band.

There are cuts of these songs  without Robin.  But the question is does anyone have them.

It all depends on that version of the song it is, there is like 15 versions of each song. Both Fortus and Dizzy confirmed this.

I know. I meant that even the 2005 very first IRS leak still had Robin. In fact, Robin was in every single studio studio recording (excluding the remixes, of course) we had so far - even Going Down. This Madagascar demo would be the first one without him.

apex-twin wrote:

Yes, this sounds like it's from the transitional period between Beavan/Robin and RTB/Bucket in early 2000. As you said, the drums sound more Josh than Brain.

Hard to say for sure, but this is definitely the oldest version of Maddy so far.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who thought the drums sounded more like Josh. I'm not 100% sure, but still.. didn't Brain joined the band a bit after Bucket?

Ragnar wrote:

The album cuts are bloated and poorly mixed (that's right, Axl & Caram). Part of the problem was obviously that there were too many options accumulated over the years and they ended up compiling everything from sub-bass to superfluous overdubs, because more is more.

I met Caram once. Asked how many layers of guitars were in Scraped. He laughed and said he couldn't possibly remember.

Board footer