You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: The worst recordings

slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Live and Let Die. Album version is sterile. Has no feeling...has no balls.

You're so right on this. Live, it's killer. But the album version is just empty.

dave-gnfnr
 Rep: 16 

dave-gnfnr wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Live and Let Die. Album version is sterile. Has no feeling...has no balls.

You're so right on this. Live, it's killer. But the album version is just empty.

Same can be said for KOHD album version too, that song was always better live from 86-93. It did get a little bloated near the end espeically now with the awful 12 minute version with 88 solos in the middle.

the only good KOHD the Nu GNR did was the stripped down BH solo version.  Once BH left KOHD went to shit for NU gnr and even the semi reunion gnr.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I'd say some of the UYI 1 tracks. Like Right Next Door To Hell, Garden of Eden, Back Off Bitch.  They don't hold up, and seem like AFD outtakes or something. It was for another place, another time. While U2 & Metallica moved forward with Achtung Baby & Black album, Guns were caught with their pants down still putting out these duds.

Just my humble opinion.

PS. I always liked Breakdown, myb I see what you mean. And yeah good call on LALD.

deadsouth
 Rep: 10 

deadsouth wrote:

Metallica were attempting to copy soundgarden on the Crap album... You call that progress considering what they produced prior??

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/kirk-h … dman-riff/

Board footer