You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: Breaking Down The Loot

esoterica wrote:

Loot Breakdown Machine™:

• 2016 tour profit = $40.4 million

• 2016 tour profit margin = 21.04%

• 2016 music profit = ~$2.00 million

• 2017 tour profit (TD, estimated) = $31.8 million

• 2017 tour profit (total, estimated) = $59.75 million +/- $6mil*

• 2016-2017 tour profit (total, estimated) = $100.15 million

Sources:

Quartz via Billboard Boxscore, 7/20/2017 wrote:

Guns N’ Roses made $42.2 million in 2016, according to recently released Billboard stats...

Source: https://qz.com/1032602/guns-n-roses-are … s-beyonce/
Source: http://www.billboard.com/photos/7865108 … ney-makers

Billboard, 2/3/2017 wrote:

With the final 2016 dates of Guns N’ Roses’ Not in This Lifetime… reunion tour reported to Billboard Boxscore, the trek’s total gross now stands at a whopping $192 million.

Source: http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/ … llion-fans

Musicfeeds, 7/19/2017 wrote:

According to Pollstar, Guns N' Roses ‘Not In This Lifetime’ tour has grossed a huge USD $151.5 million this year.

Source: http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/guns-n-ro … -2017-far/

Caveats and Super Secret Magic Formula:

• The +/-$6mil accounts for 5 NA dates and 4 SA dates not included in calculations

• The estimated ticket sales is based off of venue numbers for end stage concerts

• 2017 Estimated Profit formula = ((Estimated Ticket Sales x Average Ticket Price) + Current Gross TD)) * Estimated Profit Margin

Billboard wrote:

The band was able to rack up... $2 million in music sales and streams as well.

For comparison, Beyoncé released a new album in 2016, one that was officially declared the best-selling album of the year at that, and still only brought in $7.7 million from those categories.

200.gif

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

smile))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
you've just made my day.
80132249.jpg

esoterica

esoterica wrote:
zombux wrote:

you've just made my day.

Glad I could bring some smiles.

New subtitle for ya. Fixed some things that were bothering me. Click for notorious biggie size.

MJ9dFYBm.jpg

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

yayyy, that's even better. first I wanted to caption like "and then in 2002 I told them / By that time, I should be done with the third album." classic!

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Classic meme. Saved both. I love shit like that.

People said downloading killed the industry.

Actually streaming did.

Nobody even bothers with downloading anymore. If it aint on Rhapsody, youtube, etc. it doesn't even exist.

I see why they're not bothering (those statistics are crazy)but I really wish they'd release one more album before albums are completely irrelevant.

I bet the head honchos at record labels look back on the era of 'free downloads' with fondness.

tejastech08
 Rep: 194 

tejastech08 wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

Classic meme. Saved both. I love shit like that.

People said downloading killed the industry.

Actually streaming did.

Nobody even bothers with downloading anymore. If it aint on Rhapsody, youtube, etc. it doesn't even exist.

I see why they're not bothering (those statistics are crazy)but I really wish they'd release one more album before albums are completely irrelevant.

I bet the head honchos at record labels look back on the era of 'free downloads' with fondness.

Haha, no shit. I feel like I've been ahead of the curve in the digital music era. With Napster, the hot underground band was Linkin Park with Hybrid Theory. Fucking thing was "trending" like crazy on Napster months and months before the songs became a huge hit. Still remember the surreal feeling when songs like "Crawling" and "In The End" became massive hits on the radio. Imagine this was a similar feeling for all the people who heard and enjoyed Appetite over a year before the public really started paying attention.

Anyway, I was using Rhapsody in college around 2003 or so. Paid $8 per month and had some recording software to record the streams to mp3 format so I could keep the songs. But even without that recording software, I still felt the streaming service was a very good deal at $8 per month or something for full access to millions of songs. At the time, Steve Jobs and others insisted that everyone wanted to own music instead of renting it. Felt like that was major bullshit. Took awhile, but eventually everyone embraced the streaming model.

Swear to God though. YouTube is the greatest thing ever for people like me who weren't there to experience GN'R back in the day. I still remember we had some high school kids visit us in our college dorm around 2004 or 2005, very shortly after YouTube was created. These kids were there on a recruiting trip of sorts and we just had to show them around campus, etc. One of them showed YouTube to me and explained it to me. At the time most of the public had no fucking clue what it was. Eventually people started posting old GN'R material on there. When I stumbled on the live Ritz footage, that shit was like a religious experience in my dorm room. It's so awesome to be able to see all the old performances by bands you missed out on due to birth year and so forth.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I remember right before youtube exploded. Mike G(old HTGTH/ROV member) shared links to it and nobody knew what the fuck it was. It didn't even have many videos at that point.

youtube has altered the landscape completely. Without youtube, streaming never catches on at this magnitude. Its also replacing normal TV. Who in the hell wants to sit in front of their TV at a specific time to watch a specific show when you can get online and watch what you want when you want?

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

Guns N' Roses ranks 6th in Highest Paid Musicians of 2017 at Forbes

6. Guns N' Roses - $84 million dollars

The legendary rockers went back on the road to the tune of a five-continent excursion, helping Guns N’ Roses achieve the rare feat of soaring into near nine-figure earnings territory without any major endorsements.

Source: https://www.forbes.com/pictures/5a260db … ff31143446

I'm not sure of their numbers as it seems to include 2016 information for some artists. The number seems a bit high but it's entirely possible I suppose given the shows in South America.

I'll be interested to see Billboard's EoY numbers.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

I remember right before youtube exploded. Mike G(old HTGTH/ROV member) shared links to it and nobody knew what the fuck it was. It didn't even have many videos at that point.

lol. I think the story was he was a plumbers union, larger end stuff like skyscrapers not fixing kitchen sinks. He broke his ankle or wrist & was out for a few weeks. Racked up something like 13,000 posts in about 6 weeks time, then dropped off. I remember him though, legendary times. He'd post over 100x's a day.

Don't recall his YT post, but I do remember a bit of its early days. A guy I worked with kindof explained it to me. I just couldn't fathom how they allowed it 'for free', since video space & gigabites etc were extremely expensive back then. My PC could hold about 20 minutes of video I think, and there these guys were making software & a website where its free?!  (angel investors/venture capitalists etc, but I wasn't aware of that stuff at the time).

I remember a video where Slash is just wrecked back in the day, and has trouble figuring out the progression for the WTTJ intro.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
James Lofton wrote:

lol. I think the story was he was a plumbers union, larger end stuff like skyscrapers not fixing kitchen sinks. He broke his ankle or wrist & was out for a few weeks. Racked up something like 13,000 posts in about 6 weeks time, then dropped off. I remember him though, legendary times. He'd post over 100x's a day.

Don't recall his YT post, but I do remember a bit of its early days. A guy I worked with kindof explained it to me. I just couldn't fathom how they allowed it 'for free', since video space & gigabites etc were extremely expensive back then. My PC could hold about 20 minutes of video I think, and there these guys were making software & a website where its free?!  (angel investors/venture capitalists etc, but I wasn't aware of that stuff at the time).

I remember a video where Slash is just wrecked back in the day, and has trouble figuring out the progression for the WTTJ intro.

Board footer