You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politics/ … index.html

Remember when everyone said Sessions omitting meetings with diplomats as a Senator was evidence of collusion?  Claims of perjury?

Pepperidge Farm and RF remember

You keep reframing things to try and win an argument. Nobody said it was "evidence of collusion" but that he omitted them and it was suspicious given the context.

My favorite Flagg post was a few pages back about healthcare. When he basically said "other people should have some healthcare".... but they need to wait in line & get healthcare not quite as good as himself cause he worked hard for it. Not that I disagree entirely with what he said, but it came off like & reminded me of the subway/train scene at the end of The Dark Knight, where the Joker tries to pit common folks against hardened prisoners. Just a totally cliche scene but I could see Flagg in the middle of it taking over the one trains debate & winning, dumping the prisoners into the river to drown or whatever was to happen to them.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

This happened

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slcpunk wrote:

This happened

[/embed]

You should read the actual policy. Anyone suffering from gender dysphoria (the real definition of a transgender) is banned.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/10/politics/ … index.html

Remember when everyone said Sessions omitting meetings with diplomats as a Senator was evidence of collusion?  Claims of perjury?

Pepperidge Farm and RF remember

You keep reframing things to try and win an argument. Nobody said it was "evidence of collusion" but that he omitted them and it was suspicious given the context.

My favorite Flagg post was a few pages back about healthcare. When he basically said "other people should have some healthcare".... but they need to wait in line & get healthcare not quite as good as himself cause he worked hard for it. Not that I disagree entirely with what he said, but it came off like & reminded me of the subway/train scene at the end of The Dark Knight, where the Joker tries to pit common folks against hardened prisoners. Just a totally cliche scene but I could see Flagg in the middle of it taking over the one trains debate & winning, dumping the prisoners into the river to drown or whatever was to happen to them.

You're saying if a mad man told you that your ferry was going to be blown up by a bunch of convicts unless you blew their's up first, you wouldn't?  I'm not saying I wouldn't give pause or have to live with that guilt, but if it comes down to me and my loved ones versus a ferry full of criminals, it's not a hard choice to make.  That was my least favorite part of the movie, because if there wasn't a batman with spying tools that would make the NSA cream their pants, the joker would have killed everyone.  And if you recall, the passengers voted to blow up the criminals, just no one had the balls to actually pull the trigger.  It's why I believe citizens should participate in the death penalty via a lottery system similar to jury selection to flip the switch.  If you support something, you should be willing to participate in it.  When firing squads were common, one rifle would have a blank so you could always sleep at night thinking you had the blank.

Canada has public and private healthcare.  So does the UK.  So does every 1st world nation.  I don't want someone to be denied medical care because they are poor.  That hardcore Republican mantra of letting people die in the streets doesn't sit well with me.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

That was my least favorite part of the movie,

Yeah that's kinda why I mentioned it. I watched it a few years later (2010/12ish) and it stood out that I didn't recall it the first time around. Just seemed kinda like a made up plot twist that didn't work. I bet if I ever watch it again it doesn't hold up well.

Again, not saying the argument itself, I just remember it seeming a bit cheesy or over the top imho.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

pray.jpg

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

You're saying if a mad man told you that your ferry was going to be blown up by a bunch of convicts unless you blew their's up first, you wouldn't?  I'm not saying I wouldn't give pause or have to live with that guilt, but if it comes down to me and my loved ones versus a ferry full of criminals, it's not a hard choice to make.  That was my least favorite part of the movie, because if there wasn't a batman with spying tools that would make the NSA cream their pants, the joker would have killed everyone.  And if you recall, the passengers voted to blow up the criminals, just no one had the balls to actually pull the trigger.  It's why I believe citizens should participate in the death penalty via a lottery system similar to jury selection to flip the switch.  If you support something, you should be willing to participate in it.  When firing squads were common, one rifle would have a blank so you could always sleep at night thinking you had the blank.

Canada has public and private healthcare.  So does the UK.  So does every 1st world nation.  I don't want someone to be denied medical care because they are poor.  That hardcore Republican mantra of letting people die in the streets doesn't sit well with me.

Nice post, Flagg.

I want a public option for lower middle class families and a wide social safety net for the poor. But if you can afford private insurance you should pay for it and get the package you want. Allow singles to buy into medicare early, or a basic Medicaid package for a tax break. You should get a tax cut for doing the right thing.

Where I think they went wrong with the mandate is instead of a fine, if you choose to wait until you're sick you should be charged a $5,000 penalty for taking advantage of Obamacare. Also, all drug prices and medical procedures should be capped. I'm game to giving doctors and hospitals tax cuts incentives in exchange, and capping lawsuits outside death and gross negligence to lower their insurance costs. But doctors should be graded annually, if they don't meet a standard they lose the incentives, bad grading and potentially lost license.

My father had a doctor who looked at my dad's symptoms and said he had an ulcer. When that didn't help he said he had a bad gallbladder and removed it. Then my father had a seizure and the hospital found he had renal failure. All his doctor had to do was a piss test from the start and my dad could have got a jump on it and prevented his health slide, no dialysis and would still be alive today. We learned the doctor had a habit of laziness that led to patient deaths.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
misterID wrote:

All his doctor had to do was a piss test from the start and my dad could have got a jump on it and prevented his health slide, no dialysis and would still be alive today. We learned the doctor had a habit of laziness that led to patient deaths.

Wow, sorry to hear that.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Nice post, Flagg.

I want a public option for lower middle class families and a wide social safety net for the poor. But if you can afford private insurance you should pay for it and get the package you want. Allow singles to buy into medicare early, or a basic Medicaid package for a tax break. You should get a tax cut for doing the right thing.

Where I think they went wrong with the mandate is instead of a fine, if you choose to wait until you're sick you should be charged a $5,000 penalty for taking advantage of Obamacare. Also, all drug prices and medical procedures should be capped. I'm game to giving doctors and hospitals tax cuts incentives in exchange, and capping lawsuits outside death and gross negligence to lower their insurance costs. But doctors should be graded annually, if they don't meet a standard they lose the incentives, bad grading and potentially lost license.

My father had a doctor who looked at my dad's symptoms and said he had an ulcer. When that didn't help he said he had a bad gallbladder and removed it. Then my father had a seizure and the hospital found he had renal failure. All his doctor had to do was a piss test from the start and my dad could have got a jump on it and prevented his health slide, no dialysis and would still be alive today. We learned the doctor had a habit of laziness that led to patient deaths.

Sorry to hear this ID.. that really sucks.

Board footer