You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

The entire notion that the GOP is going to investigate Mueller for "bias" is akin to obstruction of justice perpetrated by an entire political party IMO. Outrageous in its scope. Even with a hostile state involved in our elections, they're still rolling out the tired old canard: liberal bias. Fox News is essentially state TV now, it's seriously fucked up.

The GOP know what the repercussions for their party will be when the ills of Trump administration comes to light. They're already seeing the consequences now in smaller elections because of Trump. What happened last night is a harbinger of things to come. They know what's around the corner with this investigation, and as usual want to muddy the waters as much as possible.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

“I want to believe the path you threw out for consideration in [deputy FBI director Andrew McCabe’s] office that there's no way he gets elected -- but I'm afraid we can't take that risk. It's like an insurance policy in the unlikely event you die before you're 40…”

A text message from the agent who started the investigation into collusion against Trump’s campaign and who interviewed Clinton for her emails.

Tell me how this doesn’t basically undercut the entire thing from the start.

I have the utmost respect for Mueller, but they’ve got nothing on Trump and nothing related to collusion.

Maybe the DoJ under Obama was really the one who obstructed Justice and used politics to drive investigations. It’s certainly worth being considered since this investigation was launched on no actual evidence. A lot more evidence is there of wrong doing on the other side. Doesn’t that at least deserve an honest look?

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I remember in the 1980s when guys like McCain and Biden and Richard Lugar of Indiana could co-exist without insinuating anyone on the other side would trade sexual favors for campaign contributions.

This is a nice moment with Biden and Meghan McCain today on The View. I'm rooting for McCain, and I wish to hell that Biden's son didn't succumb. We might be living in a different world if he hadn't.

slashsfro
 Rep: 53 

slashsfro wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

I have the utmost respect for Mueller, but they’ve got nothing on Trump and nothing related to collusion.

You can't seriously believe this.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

slashsfro wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:

You can't seriously believe this.

I believe the evidence. Not one shred of evidence has come from Mueller that anyone worked with Russia related to the campaign. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

And before I get the usual “it takes time” or “it’s not over yet”, I agree. So that should mean you don’t believe anything happened either. Because nothing has been alleged by the FBI, let alone corroborated. Just a bunch of media reports trying to build a what-if scenario, most of which has been debunked.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Great Television

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I've found Meghan McCain one of the more tolerable ppl & women in Republican politics, and TV politics as a whole. ( I guess The View isn't exactly "political", but you know what I mean. She & it dabbles in it).

Sad to see her go thru this in public regarding her Dad. I honestly am not sure she was aware how difficult it was going to be.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Jim Jordan and Trey Gowdy are freaking unbelievable. Both very compelling.

LOL they've continuously embarrassed themselves. Sessions embarrassed them. That says something. And Repubs had to completely redistrict to get Gowdy elected. He's a little cunt muffin.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
misterID wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Jim Jordan and Trey Gowdy are freaking unbelievable. Both very compelling.

LOL they've continuously embarrassed themselves. Sessions embarrassed them. That says something. And Repubs had to completely redistrict to get Gowdy elected. He's a little cunt muffin.

Doesn’t make what the text messages said “untrue”. Even Chuck Todd that clearly was an issue and did show bias etc. It isn’t like they made it up.

Board footer