You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

This was the best post on the topic and it’s virtually been ignored so we can engage in fantasy talk about which countries have immigrants that America wants.

Every time I say there are always going to be poor people and we should accept it you shit on me.  Monkey says it and he's a hero.  Interesting.

If you claimed to me that there will always be poor i don’t recall it...at least i don’t recall it being explicit.

I guess that I (perhaps unfairly) always thought that at best you were fanning concern for the poor and disadvantaged.

If things are as monkey described...and i believe that they are...then any talk of concern for taking care of our own is a farce. I don’t buy it.

My interpretation of your stance has always been ‘i hope people get the help that they need but not if it ever comes at my personal expense.”

Correct me if I’m wrong on that.

You're wrong.  I've constantly said no issues helping those that genuinely need the help.  I've also said raising the minimum wage doesn't do anything to help the poor, it just makes more of them.  I'm pretty consistent with my thoughts on these things. My disdain is for those that choose to be poor because they are lazy.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Every time I say there are always going to be poor people and we should accept it you shit on me.  Monkey says it and he's a hero.  Interesting.

If you claimed to me that there will always be poor i don’t recall it...at least i don’t recall it being explicit.

I guess that I (perhaps unfairly) always thought that at best you were fanning concern for the poor and disadvantaged.

If things are as monkey described...and i believe that they are...then any talk of concern for taking care of our own is a farce. I don’t buy it.

My interpretation of your stance has always been ‘i hope people get the help that they need but not if it ever comes at my personal expense.”

Correct me if I’m wrong on that.

You're wrong.  I've constantly said no issues helping those that genuinely need the help.  I've also said raising the minimum wage doesn't do anything to help the poor, it just makes more of them.  I'm pretty consistent with my thoughts on these things. My disdain is for those that choose to be poor because they are lazy.

I agree that minimum wage raising at best is a short term solution. Not sure it creates more of them...in a matter of a few years 5 dollars have the same relative value as what $3 dollars does.

Any added buying power is short lived is all im saying.

I know you’ve said that you’re in favor of helping those who really need it but you are also quick to point out those you deem worthy of such help.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I have no issues with that Trump said, though he (like me) could use some work on the delivery.  The guy tells the truth as he sees it.  Doesn't mean he's right all the time, but he says what a lot of people think (or say without 50 microphones in their face).  I don't need the message sugarcoated.  Just say it.  All this worrying about hurting people's feelings is ridiculous.  It's okay to have hurt feelings.  It's okay to be insulted.  This pussification of America is doing way more damage than it is doing good. 

Why is bullying so effective?  Because we don't teach kids how to handle adversity, so the second something happens, they crumble and have no idea how to recover.  We don't teach them that there are winners and losers in life, so when they become the loser when life doesn't hand them a trophy for existing, they don't know how to handle it. 

Millennials are actually onto some smart ideas.  Flexible work arrangements is one I love.  I saw a video on FB where they were making fun of the Millennial for not wanting to do 8 AM.  Guess what?  I don't want to do 8 AM either...I get it.  But there are going to be times when 8 AM is necessary and they don't seem to grasp that side of it (as a whole, I am sure some do).  Earn the credibility; then you can pitch not being there at 8 AM every day, but that's not how most of them think it works.  Demand upfront.  Get promoted every 6 months.  Quit and go to a new job if they don't promote you in 6 months because they expect you to accomplish something worthy of promotion.

Good post, but when it comes to bullying, we do need to protect the weak. When a 5th grader picks on say a 3rd grader, that 5th grader needs beat down so he knows that crap isn’t acceptable. Like some gentle rubbing and shit talking is one thing. But there are kids that die and shit from bullying. Sometimes the bully needs his ass beat and I love seeing that happen. A bully is one of the shittiest people you can imagine. They prey on the weak. Nothing cool or noble about it.

The weak empower the bully.  People kill themselves because they can't handle the adversity. If kids could handle adversity on any level, a lot of bullying goes away.  Bullying stops when there's no positive reinforcement for the bully.  They move on.

And for the record I'm referring to the picking on someone emotionally, not physically.

Ahhhh.... Emotional, got it.. I am against physical bullying/assault.  I don't think that is productive for anyone to come home with a black eye, busted lip, broken nose, or worse... etc.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

lol.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

lol.

Not sure how to interpret this

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

lol.

I wouldn't worry about it.  My comment was somewhat tongue-in-cheek; I assume his was as well.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

lol.

You gotta admit it was a pretty funny reply. I didn't read into your post at him tbh, just skimming thru today.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Wasn't that a Fed Ex or UPS commercial?  "He said the same thing I did!"  "No he didn't. He used it with hand gestures"

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/thanks-no-th … 38563.html

What are the odds Trump responds that this and takes the bait by insulting Norway by saying he actually preferred Swedes?

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Holy shit! False Alarm, but am emergency text was sent to all hawaiians saying to see shelter a ballistic missile was in bound. Holy fuck.

Board footer