You are not logged in. Please register or login.

TheMole
 Rep: 77 

Re: Blind item on crazydaysandnights.net

TheMole wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

And yes, on TSI I loved the mix. Sorum sounded huge and Slash’s tone and this Mix on Ain’t It Fun was damn perfect. Sonically it is THE best GNR sounding album.

Yes, I very distinctly remember an ad on TV here (I was 13 years old, or thereabouts) that featured the opening riff to Ain't It Fun. It was basically just the album cover slowly spinning into frame with that riff playing in the background. Once the album was completely in view, text would appear: "Guns N Roses, The Spaghetti Incident. New Album in stores now"

It was awesome...

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

I hope it's true, but my first thought is Deep Purple with Bob Ezrin. Ezrin is the only producer with the balls to make stipulations like that outside Mutt Lange. Blackmore approached David Coverdale not long ago to make an album, and Ezrin is slated to make that new Deep Purple album.

A new GNR album will most likely be Caram or someone like Brendan O'Brien. I don't see Axl giving up control to someone barking orders at him.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I like Rubin's work considering I own a lot of it.

In particular, I like his work with Johnny Cash and the production on Audioslave's debut album. He stripped it back and brought influences Johnny never would've thought of (Bonnie Prince Billy, NIN, etc). The former pleases GN'R purists and the latter pleases Axl. So if true, it seems like a good fit.

The whole band sounds sharp on TSI and the production shows this off. Clink doesn't have the clout of Rubin but they're not dissimilar in their production styles.

I'm not holding my breath for Jesus, either.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Would Clink be considered one of the top 5 producers of all time? Not sure he would.

Out of interest who would make that list?

Rubin
Ezrin
RTB maybe? (Not sure he’s a likely candidate after CD though)

Any others?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

The list of active rock producers that could be considered "best of all time" is pretty short. Maybe Mutt Lange and Brendan O'Brien? Flood? Beyond that you're getting into pop/hip-hop producers. The only one who really has mainstream name recognition is Rubin, but IIRC didn't he have a rocky (and brief) relationship with Velvet Revolver? O'Brien could be a possibility given his work on AC/DC's big comeback album, and Velvet Revolver – but there's a broad consensus that Libertad was let down by the production (Slash wasn't too happy about it either, IIRC).

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Would Clink be considered one of the top 5 producers of all time? Not sure he would.

Out of interest who would make that list?

Rubin
Ezrin
RTB maybe? (Not sure he’s a likely candidate after CD though)

Any others?

BOB ROCK. His resume is amazing. Motley, Metallica, Bon Jovi. He is a badass.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Everyone watch this. If we can’t have Clink, get Bob Rock.

johndivney wrote:

Fuck Sorum. Tsi is turd & sounds like one.

Popcorn is the only real Guns drummer.

If there’s no reunion a new album means fuck all except to further the embarrassment. Adler & Izzy are the only guys who can legitimise this shitshow. Uncle Axl doesn’t give a toss about that, fuckin Scrooge mcduck.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
johndivney wrote:

Fuck Sorum. Tsi is turd & sounds like one.

Popcorn is the only real Guns drummer.

If there’s no reunion a new album means fuck all except to further the embarrassment. Adler & Izzy are the only guys who can legitimise this shitshow. Uncle Axl doesn’t give a toss about that, fuckin Scrooge mcduck.

Tell us how you really feel. Frank is terrible. I see why you want Adler back. I hope Izzy comes back too. But I guess we are stuck with Axl, Duff, Slash and some scabs. I will accept it because I have no other choice.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I suppose the timing of it makes sense. The festival leg of the tour is normally the wrap-up for a worldwide tour, right? Catch the casual audiences who wouldn't shell out to go see them on their own. So, they record the new album ahead of that, between, say, February and May. Trot out the usual set at most of the festivals and then, at Download or whatever, boom, here's a new song we've been working on. Press has a field day, coverage everywhere. Then you release the album ahead of the holidays, with a couple of winter gigs to generate buzz around the release (NYE etc), then a proper tour for the new album in 2019.

Board footer