You are not logged in. Please register or login.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

Re: Live PD/Weed

buzzsaw wrote:

So one of the things that annoys me on this show (which I enjoy overall) is how much they hassle people for small amounts of weed.  So much manpower/money is wasted on this when they could be making money off of it by legalizing and taxing it freeing up the cops to do actual things that matter instead of spending hours searching cars that smell like weed.

I'm not a druggie; this isn't for personal gain.  I smoked pot once when I was 14 or so and wasn't impressed.  This is just a common sense thing to me.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Agree.  It is so stupid.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I agree wholeheartedly.

What’s Live PD?

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Agreed. It's time. Funny, cause I never did actually think it would become legal in my lifetime either. Just thought there'd be no reason to. Public opinion sure has swayed on the issue, seems like 60-70% are for legalizing/taxing it. IMHO had Hillary won it would be by the end of her term in some form.

Is LivePD like Cops?  I used to love that show. I agree those petty busts  were lame, and like you said a waste of time & for what, a pretty small amount of weed. Unless you're talking massive bags of it with trafficking, it's petty crime. Happened to a friend of mine when we were 19/20. Had the smallest amount of weed (enough to maybe fill a bowl once or twice), got busted & hit with heavy fines & penalties. Stupid, something like $500 & 6 mos probation.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:

I didn't watch cops, but it's similar from what I understand.  We find it interesting because Richland County (one of the main places they use) is about an hour from where we live.  I don't think Cops was live though, and most of this show is.  They do some taped segments when things are slow, but most of it is live as it happens.

It's just such a waste of time to do anything with these people just smoking a joint.  They call 3 or 4 cars to the scene and spend an hour searching the car to find less than an ounce while other things are (or at the very least could be) happening that are more important.  Even if you skipped taxing it, just the end of wasted man hours chasing nothing would allow police to focus on more important things.  Add in the taxation and it's a home run.  It's just nonsensical.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

I didn't watch cops, but it's similar from what I understand.  We find it interesting because Richland County (one of the main places they use) is about an hour from where we live.  I don't think Cops was live though, and most of this show is.  They do some taped segments when things are slow, but most of it is live as it happens.

It's just such a waste of time to do anything with these people just smoking a joint.  They call 3 or 4 cars to the scene and spend an hour searching the car to find less than an ounce while other things are (or at the very least could be) happening that are more important.  Even if you skipped taxing it, just the end of wasted man hours chasing nothing would allow police to focus on more important things.  Add in the taxation and it's a home run.  It's just nonsensical.

Some of these “Weed busts” do lead to popping people with illegal pills, meth, heroin, coke, etc.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Here in Cali starting this month anyone can buy weed legally in stores.

Why didn't they do this shit back when I smoked it?

Gen X deserved this new outlook back in the 90s.

Board footer