You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:

I don't know about anyone else, but I don't really hold Snowden or Manning in high regard. Maybe I've said something here previously that could be construed differently. I dunno. I'm pretty ambivalent about them both.

Yea...I don't hardly know who they are either. I don't listen to every single Dems or liberal's opinion on everything. These people are pretty minor characters in the story if you ask me.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Not sure I see a 'whopper' within this?! 

Essentially, it seems the FISA warrant was submitted in October 2017 for Carter Page. A warrant lasts for 90 days then needs to be renewed with factual evidence proving info was obtained the past 90 days. Then it drops that part of the subject altogether, which leads me to believe it's neither here nor there. But then it dwells into there was no mention of Christopher Steele (creator of the dossier) was hired by HRC/DNC and paid for opposition research.

(I think we all knew that. It doesn't matter much if or who he was paid by, if the crime is being committed it's still criminal. Trump isn't being charged with a crime based on the dossier, the 'investigation' was opened as a result of it?)

Then it seems to make a key point out of a Yahoo News article which was used within the FISA warrant about Carters July 2016 trip to Moscow (uh-oh). The basis of the argument is that the FISA warrant says the article 'corraborated' the dossier, when in fact Steele met with Yahooo News directly?  As an FBI informant he should not have spoken to any news media. A month later, he spoke with Mother Jones, and when word got out he was then fired as an FBI source.

So it seems the basis of the argument is since Steele spoke with Yahoo News in September, he should have been fired at that point, and the article should not have been used within the FISA application, maybe even voiding it out or 'objecting to the evidence' and getting it thrown out of court so to speak (like OJs car chase phone call, it happened, but it wasn't allowed in court). Just laymans terms from me, I'm sure other news media experts will have better synopsis of it.

It does give a quote saying Steele was quoted as "desperate that Donald Trump not get elected and was passionate about him not being President" relayed to us by DOJ Deputy Attorney Bruce Ohr.

It has a final paragraph about Papadopolous which doesn't seem to go anywhere. Just that a FISA was put out on him in July 2016 by Peter Stzork (FBI texter guy), and that there is no evidence of cooperation or conspiracy between Page & Papadopolous.  (The way its worded though is tricky. Is it saying those two didn't cooperate with each other, or with Russia. Maybe they are saying since Papadop left by Oct 2016 his warrants were irrelevant to Page/Trump).

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

It's a bunch of nothing. Or a nothingburger. Did I do that right. It's just a way to justify firing Rosenstein and ending the Russia investigation.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Tell me what you see pa...it’s hard to read on the phone.

I expect a nothing burger.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

https://twitter.com/BlueVotr/status/959489220954923008

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I expect a nothing burger.

Too funny. I just saw a tweet about that & posted it before I saw your post. It's DOA imho but I'll read Fox News & Hannity to see what they say. Its a bit legalese/deposition style but nothing too hard to grasp. Definitely no spoilers or things we didn't know or assume.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Curious if the firings happen soon in hopes of hiding it behind the Super Bowl weekend.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

I don't know why he doesn't just fire Mueller and Rosenstein now. Who is going to stop him? The GOP Congress protects him. His supporters will blindly follow what he says. And we'll have folks here saying its A-OK, time to focus on real issues. Most of the GOP from McConnell down to the foot soldiers online and in "flyover country" are hypocrites and cowardly. They don't dare defy Trump, or else he'll tweet badly about you. And the same people were just fine with multiple Benghazi investigations, multiple Bill Clinton investigations, multiple email investigations, which all ended with about as many charges that already have been filed against Team Trump in one year.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

^  Wouldn't surprise me if it happens late tonight or tomorrow morning.

Board footer