You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: MINDBLOWING: Buckethead talks for an hour on podcast

Smoking Guns wrote:

I wonder if he has fear in GNR

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

I like him. A LOT. I can tell he's someone I could hang with for hours on end on a regular basis and it have nothing to do with his Buckethead image.

He's a normal guy. Quirky yes....but normal. He's unsure of himself and you can feel his nervousness coming through the speakers.

I really hope this is not a 'one and done' event. I hope he has the courage to come out of his shell and from behind the mask and be more open with who he is and what makes him click.

Feel the fear and do it anyway!

We don't need the mystery anymore. I don't think he needs it either.

He should also approach it realistically and not overthink it.  While he has a substantial fan base(at least casually speaking), at the same time he has a very limited fan base. Coming out of character, even temporarily, it's not going to ruin his career.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I wish Axl would mend that particular fence. Just once I'd love to see Bucket guest with the current incarnation of GN'R and do the proper solo to There Was A Time.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Would your prefer him in and Fortus out?

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Would your prefer him in and Fortus out?

I'd stick with Fortus. He's settled into the role of a rhythm player with the chops to pull off Buckethead's technical leads, while Bucket is unequivocally a lead player. It'd be the old Zakk Wylde/Slash thing again; "a T-Rex fighting a giant snake." Plus GN'R's reverted to the classic image of a rock band, rather than the wacky carnival it was in the early '00s; in that respect, Fortus is a much more comfortable fit than Bucket. I'd still gnaw off my own arm to see Bucket turn up and belt out TWAT with GN'R though.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

Loved the podcast interview. Proud of bucket senpai!

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

Just downloaded. Thank you for finding this!

Did anyone else see him on the 2002 tour? I am truly grateful to have witnessed him in GNR. Aside from Axl, he was the most commanding presence, even when he wasn't moving because you couldn't guess what he might do next!

Board footer