You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know About 2002 MTV Video Music Awards

PaSnow wrote:
auad wrote:

to me, it's still one of their favorite performances.

It's got a certain charm to it.

ClaudeF wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

by the time the album actually came out, i was way past giving a shit about any of it.

I was thrilled to actually hold the CD and vinyl in my hand. I woke up early on the release day, thinking there'd be a line of fans wanting to buy Chinese Democracy, and went to the nearest Best Buy store only to find out it wouldn't open until 11 a.m. No damned way I was waiting any longer than I had to, so I drove to another Best Buy that opened at 10. I got there right around 10:02 and thought, "Damn! All of the fans must already be inside!"

I parked, ran inside, and ... I was the only shopper.

I walked over to a big display, picked off the first CD and LP copies, and went to the cashier in a daze, both because Chinese Democracy actually existed and nobody seemed to care.

It was like looking at a U.F.O. that everyone else ignored.

That's a funny story. Yeah, I woke up and was going to go asap, then I thought the lines etc. So I watched the Eagles game (it was a Sunday release, wasn't it?). Game was pretty bland so I went at halftime, expecting a big event & celebration. I don't recall specifics but I think the CDs were just there on an aisle end cap or something. Probably a sign was up but no excitement or mention by the cashier.

Odd. Again I went around 2-3pm but I think others had similar experiences. I think there was more/better hype for Contraband than CD.

James
 Rep: 664 

Re: 5 Things You Didn't Know About 2002 MTV Video Music Awards

James wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

I don't recall specifics but I think the CDs were just there on an aisle end cap or something. Probably a sign was up but no excitement or mention by the cashier.

Same thing happened to me. They had none of the displays up. Best Buy did not handle the roll out professionally at all.

Board footer