You are not logged in. Please register or login.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

Retired 4 star General

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

On McCabe:

Of course Trump is a petty, vindictive piece of shit now is he?

I've said this several times... Trump is going to lose this fight he picked with the FBI.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

What are your thoughts on where this goes?  Do you think Pompeo pulls the plug on Mueller?

If he does impeachment & obstruction charges have to begin and Trumps removed within a year. Its gonna be a circus the next year, thats for sure.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

On McCabe:

Of course Trump is a petty, vindictive piece of shit now is he?

I've said this several times... Trump is going to lose this fight he picked with the FBI.

This is dictatorial...and the only reason I think this could happen is because desperate people do desperate things. Even if this only temporarily puts off an real consequences for Trump...putting the consequences off might still be better in Trump's eyes.

I think in the end, he believe he can pardon everyone that helped him and either 1) pardon himself or 2) the only thing he has to lose is the presidency. Maybe he doesn't fear actual jail time because he doesn't consider it an option. Perhaps he doesn't actually perceive in any real consequences to his actions....ever....

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Steve Schimdt is such a clown. He is literally never right.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

I think the wheels came off the bus this weekend. McCabe has said he can substantiate Comey's version of events. He also took detailed notes of his conversations and handed them over to Mueller.

More people are to be fired from the WH.

Mueller has now "crossed the red line" by subpoenaing  Trump's business organization and their dealings with Russia. So now Trump is going to continue to lash out.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I think in the end, he believe he can pardon everyone that helped him and either 1) pardon himself or 2) the only thing he has to lose is the presidency. Maybe he doesn't fear actual jail time because he doesn't consider it an option. Perhaps he doesn't actually perceive in any real consequences to his actions....ever....

I think he views it all similar to bankruptcy. Just pardon everyone & start over. Even if he has to leave the Presidency. He'll likely created a media outlet (Trump TV, or TrumpNation.com or something) and just say there's too much politics in Washington, and blame Hillary, Obama & the Democrats. He'll remain golden in his supporters eyes.

slcpunk wrote:

Mueller has now "crossed the red line" by subpoenaing  Trump's business organization and their dealings with Russia. So now Trump is going to continue to lash out.

Yeah, I think the subpeona was the one that crossed the line. Too personal, but also show's somethings there. The next few weeks are going to be very interesting. I say something MASSIVE happens by Memorial Day.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

I think the wheels came off the bus this weekend. McCabe has said he can substantiate Comey's version of events. He also took detailed notes of his conversations and handed them over to Mueller.

More people are to be fired from the WH.

I think this is all quite prophetic...i also think Trump may actually be considering firing him.

Did anyone read of Hannitys appearance on Fox over the weekend?

Well...Hannitycalled for all sorts of disparate and hysterical things...the funny thing? Trump sent out a tweet praising Hannitys performance on Fox.

Funny thing was, Trumps tweet came out about 15 minutes before Hannity appeared.

Now, that may have been intentional...but it does indeed lend evidence that Trump and Hannity are coordinating propaganda...maybe that was obvious already.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

The steel tariff layoffs begin. And this is from the conservative WSJ.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-trump- … 1521241456

“American Keg Company is the only remaining U.S. manufacturer of stainless steel beer kegs. Despite competition from German and Chinese firms, American Keg has only used domestic steel. But now it’s being punished for this domestic sourcing as Donald Trump’s steel tariffs have forced the business to lay off a third of its workforce.

Since it began manufacturing kegs in 2015, the Pottstown, Pennsylvania-based American Keg has operated on a narrow margin. The 15.5-gallon keg is a staple in bars and fraternities, and the American-made version currently retails for $115 while a German or Chinese keg costs about $95. American Keg has survived by selling to craft breweries that want to support U.S. workers and American steel, even at a small premium. “But there’s a limit to what people would pay to have an American product,” says CEO Paul Czachor.

Mr. Trump has imposed the tariffs in the name of national security. But in practice they punish American steel users by giving the American metal industry the opportunity to raise prices while still undercutting foreign steel and aluminum.“

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

Seventh mail bomb in Austin.

Second woman wants to break NDA to talk about fucking a married Trump.

Guess which is getting the most coverage.

Board footer