You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Robin Finck video interview

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

Man knows his strings. Cool stories and Robin's playing there is pretty epic 9

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

apex-twin wrote:

Man knows his strings. Cool stories and Robin's playing there is pretty epic 9

Makes me wish he'd get his solo album out. Ever since I saw that one blues solo he did on the '06 tour I've wanted him to be the one guitar guy in a four-piece rock band, like Led Zeppelin or Queen. He's got such a distinctive sound that it needs to be showcased; he's wasted dropping the occasional solo on Chinese Democracy and chugging away in NIN.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Yeah, he does.

In a perfect world, Axl'd retire GN'R and Trent would retire NIN. Two bands very long in the tooth.

Or Robin can join some other rock outfit, that's cool too.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It's not gonna happen. Finck's involvement in any major projects not named GNR or NIN was never in the cards. I don't know all the reasons why obviously but one of them is that he has a tiny fan base. He will stay in NIN where he belongs until Reznor retires or boots him.

I also don't like how he ignores his tiny yet rabid online fan base. That's not the approach to take if you have any type of solo plans.

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:

That's one way to look at it, sure. But here's thing. Currently, Robin lacks a product (an album). He prefers to do something else than cater to a (tiny) online fanbase. His credentials are solid, whenever he chooses to push through an album. Until then, all that would be there for him would be posting abstract poetry and imagery and shrug off questions about Guns/NIN.

If he'd ever announce a solo album, his tiny but rabid fanbase would latch on to it, anyway wink

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

i'd love to see robin embark on a weird as fuck john frusciante-like solo career.

Me_Wise_Magic
 Rep: 70 

I'd be down if he dropped a solo EP/album. Just waiting on that next NIN tour near my area. I'm still bummed I missed a show close by me around 2013.

Board footer