You are not logged in. Please register or login.

auad
 Rep: 3 

Re: Fall Out Boy: Guns N' Roses Should Record Their New Album With Skrille

auad wrote:

74089_0_wide_ver1523635150.jpg

As a massive Guns N' Roses fan, Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz was asked by Music Feeds for his take on how the band should approach a hypothetical new album, to which he replied:

"What I think 100% is that I don't believe Guns N' Roses can do another 'Appetite for Destruction,' just like Fall Out Boy cannot do another [2003's] 'Take This to Your Grave.' Once your life is changed and you have kids... I think it would be really hard to re-box that...

"What I think would be really cool - I think it would be really cool to see one of the bigger heavy bands do something with like, Skrillex or Knife Party. 'Cause they're clearly influenced by it and it seems like something that would work really, really well together."

After the interviewer said that Skrillex opened one of the shows during GN'R's ongoing tour, Pete added:

"Oh they did, didn't they? Hey, so it could organically happen. It just seems that's the way... 'Cause there are two dangers - the danger that you stay the same forever and your thing gets smaller and more quaint. But there's also the danger of jumping the shark and just latching onto whatever's popular. But I think if you work with somebody that you organically have a relationship with, maybe you'll just come up with something that's kind cool and different."

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/ge … party.html

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

What is this 1998?

johndivney wrote:
auad wrote:

"What I think 100% is that I don't believe Guns N' Roses can do another 'Appetite for Destruction,' just like Fall Out Boy cannot do another [2003's] 'Take This to Your Grave.'

What’s a Take This to Your Grave?

As for skrillex opening for GnR something happening organically, how many bands have opened for GnR & how many of them have even met Axl? I imagine you could count on one hand those who he has shared the same airspace as.

johndivney wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

What is this 1998?

Skrillex was 10 in 1998.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
johndivney wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

What is this 1998?

Skrillex was 10 in 1998.

I’m just saying the Moby/experimental ship has passed. Same stuff we heard back then.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

pretty wacky article, but i do agree with pete's quote at the end of the article.

on a side note, i wonder what type of music axl is jamming to these days?

johndivney wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:
johndivney wrote:
FlashFlood wrote:

What is this 1998?

Skrillex was 10 in 1998.

I’m just saying the Moby/experimental ship has passed. Same stuff we heard back then.

I had to google skrillex.

johndivney wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

on a side note, i wonder what type of music axl is jamming to these days?

Glen Campbell ftw.
+ Willie Nelson.

Hopefully not skirllex & fall out boy.

johndivney wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

pretty wacky article, but i do agree with pete's quote at the end of the article.

One of the problems is he takes on board the opinions of producers/etc rather than trusting himself. He should forgo working with other people and stay true to his own vision of GnR. He needs to george clinton this fucking thing. Not add more cooks with no idea what GnR is. He is GnR ffs.

johndivney wrote:

220px-JenningsNelsonWaylon%26Willie.jpg

Greatest record ever.

Board footer