You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Yeah I'm not a huge fan of 'remastering'. Pearl Jam did something like that with a Ten reissue, I think it was the 20 year. Didn't do a whole lot for me, they claimed the reverb was higher or something, but it was trivial to me. Honestly tho I only checked it out on YT so my speakers weren't great.

As for GnR, there were the November Rain demos, piano & acoustic. What else was on 44 Caliber Horticulture?  (Edit: Just saw these were all listed on a previous page)

I forgot about Jumping Jack Flash Monkey/James. I used to have that on cassette. I recorded it possibly the one & only time I heard it on the radio. Never heard of it again.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Good call on the PJ remaster. I have that one on my pc right now. You're right...wasn't necessary although I'm not a hardcore PJ fan. Ten was pretty damn good but Daughter is my favorite song from them.

there were the November Rain demos, piano & acoustic.

A HQ version of NR acoustic would be amazing. That reminds me...in an ancient interview it was claimed that there was a 15 minute version.

I forgot about Jumping Jack Flash Monkey/James.

I love the acoustic version. Listening to it right now. Quality is horrid. Let this be on the box set.

What else was on 44 Caliber Horticulture?

God I miss the days of CD imports/bootlegs. Yeah they were expensive but I loved stumbling upon those. One random day I went to a local record store in the early 90s and saw GNR Unplugged. Almost shit my pants. Snatched it immediately. Next one was a cd called Cover of Love. Had all their cover songs live like Always on the Run, LALD, We Will Rock You and also had Crash Diet, Bring It Back Home, and Just Another Sunday. I literally raced home to listen to those 'new' songs.

Then I started special ordering all different types.

Wish I still had all that stuff. Just having mp3s or listening on youtube isn't the same thing.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

Wouldn’t the demo acoustic version of November rain be better suited to a UYI box set?

Yeah, I know it was written back then, but this it an expanded AFD, not UYI.

I also disagree about the Ten remaster, that sounded great, and it was a remix by Brendan O’Brien too, and it sounded much better. Just the little bit more raw and rocking. I’m surprised you guys didn’t notice that?

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

if this is financially successful, which it's almost guaranteed it will be, then we could be looking at huge deluxe editions for use your illusion and chinese democracy as well. uyi boxset in 2021 and chinese democracy boxset next year.

only guns n roses could find a way to reunite and finally release "new" music featuring new vocals and guitars from axl and slash, but only on re-recorded songs from 30 years ago. this is my favorite and least favorite band in the world.

no way on earth i'm dropping $700 on the locked & loaded version, but i'll grab whatever they drop on vinyl and the cds.

if gnr.fm is a new streaming service, i wonder what gnr's future with spotify might be?

if they opened up the chinese democracy vault, then i might be willing to bust open the piggy bank. you could load that shit up with goodies and us hardcore fans would go fucking bonkers over it. they could make millions just by compiling shit we already know exists.

- documentary about the making of the album
- the 4 2001 concerts on dvd/blu ray
- the 2000 intentions version of the album
- the 2006 version of the album
- a remaster with new parts from slash and duff
- the remixes
- the unreleased music videos
- the general and atlas shrugged

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Give me House or Blues and The Joint proshots or give me death!

Will
 Rep: 227 

Will wrote:

I'm excited for the boxset 9 Wasn't expecting a release this year so to see this suddenly just appear out of nowhere is really cool.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

if this is financially successful, which it's almost guaranteed it will be, then we could be looking at huge deluxe editions for use your illusion and chinese democracy as well. uyi boxset in 2021 and chinese democracy boxset next year.

I'd love that...but then again when you consider this is kinda a 30th anniversary edition (just running a bit late) then you'd be looking at 2038 for Chinese Democracy's 30th anniversary of the official release!! Maybe 2039 if it takes them a while to sort out hahaha.

Also....from the label perspective...getting behind a reissue of AFD - one of the best selling and greatest albums of all time to the general public is kinda different to putting out versions of the GNR project that broke GNR and took up most of Axl's career and is only half acknowledged  by the general public. Wouldn't really be the same marketing equation.

That said...i'd love the vault open on all these records and editions like this AFD stuff. They're really great for hardcores like us.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

The new domain was absolutely and unquestionably very relevant to this ad...

Dadud
 Rep: 14 

Dadud wrote:

Ho-lee-fuk thats a pricy box (1000USD). oh well. we got a new video on youtube for Shadow Of Your Love

https://gnrmerch.com/collections/appeti … ed-edition

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

Wow....$1450 AUD for the Locked and Loaded...I like they went all out...but yeah that's a bit prohibitive....

Board footer