You are not logged in. Please register or login.

AndreCC
 Rep: 0 

Re: GNR.FM | Destruction Is Coming

AndreCC wrote:

I'm surprised You could be mine and One in a Million weren't included. I guess with One in a Million they were afraid of all the backlash again, or probably Slash (now conscious) didn't want it released. Personally I like the song.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

One in a Million is Axl’s greatest Vocal and one of the best over all Guns songs ever.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

One in a Million is Axl’s greatest Vocal

You misspelled You're Crazy. 13

apex-twin
 Rep: 200 

apex-twin wrote:
misterID wrote:

So...... we're all pretending One In A Million never happened, eh?

Yes, but this goes back more than the recent social media moral outraging. To late '99, in fact.

Rather than simply create a work that's negative and vengeful, though, Rose seems anxious to make something ''positive.'' Along these lines, he recently decided to remove the two most controversial GnR tracks, ''One In A Million,'' from 1989's GNR Lies - with it's lyrics disparaging ''faggots,'' ''immigrants'' and ''niggers'' - and the cover of Charles Manson's ''Look at Your Game Girl,'' which ends 1993's The Spaghetti Incident?. While he's always been reluctant to explain or justify his art, Rose has come to believe that ''they're too easily misinterpreted.'' Starting in February, the tracks will be deleted from future pressings.

One in a Million is one of Axl’s greatest Vocal and one of the best over all Guns songs ever.

To see it buried is a shame.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Erasure of the past is so in right now.

He should've just pasted the AFD cover over Chinese Democracy and re-released that.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

I don't think OIAM is necessary to put, nor claim 'omitted' from the album. It was a Lies song, and while it was likely being tossed around, and recorded, I think it's fine being left off. Yeah, it can be seen as erasing the past, but times have changed, and we've all grown up a bit. I agree its a good song, no reason to re-release it.

YCBM would be interesting, good call on that. Would love to hear an early version of it.

misterID
 Rep: 475 

misterID wrote:

That Lies album, I mean, the B-Sides is a pretty strong album. Wish that's the way Lies would have been released, with OIAM as a hidden track.

The guitars on Shadow do sound new. But those are pro tools enhanced original vocals. Kind of wish they pulled a Van Halen and just rerecorded the thing.

James

James wrote:

It was a Lies song, and while it was likely being tossed around, and recorded, I think it's fine being left off.

It definitely wasn't recorded during AFD but the point is that its exclusion is clearly intentional. When every Lies track has been included to pad out that specific disc but one specific song isn't there, it makes it stand out.

Of course casual fans wont give even the tiniest of shits. Only people like us will notice this.

James

James wrote:
misterID wrote:

That Lies album, I mean, the B-Sides is a pretty strong album. Wish that's the way Lies would have been released, with OIAM as a hidden track.

Me too. The Lies sessions are incredible and is the band at its peak and right before they started fracturing. I wish they would've stayed in the studio another week and got it up to a 6-8 track EP instead of four.

LLAS could've been used as B sides for a couple Lies singles.

James

James wrote:

How about this....

Patience
Used To Love Her
You're Crazy
Cornchucker
Jumping Jack Flash
One In A Million
new song