You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

Re: The General (Rumors & Discussion)

ClaudeF wrote:

I'd love to hear more of Bucket's work in GNR. He was such a character AND such a genius. The story about his chicken coop in the recording studio, and disappointment when somebody cleaned up dog poop that had been stinking up the place, is exactly the kind of craziness we need in rock and roll. A complete and total individual.

I still hope that, with this being the tenth anniversary of the release of Chinese Democracy, somebody will bless us with unreleased material.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I'm sure a barely comprehensible recording of a song from an album never on any release schedule ever wouldn't hurt Axl in the slightest so someone should just nut up and post it.

PublicEnemy
 Rep: 1 

PublicEnemy wrote:

We will be able to hear this song in 2038 with the CD boxset.

sp1at
 Rep: 43 

sp1at wrote:

Again, Brain's comments from this year about the song

"It’s funny because how ‘The General’ came about was we were supposed to, you know, this was like building up to that show. Everybody was like “Hey if anybody has songs or shit you can bring them in. So that song, ‘The General’ was a song that from when [inaudible] and [inaudible] and I, when I wasn’t doing Guns stuff would just jam in my living room type of thing. I had a pro tool setup, we were jamming, we were trying to come up with songs for Guns and we had this song called, well we called it ‘The General’ because we were eating general’s chicken. Yet, when I turned it in to Axl [Rose] he thought it was called ‘The General’ because I was making fun of Tommy [Stinson] and Tommy was kind of the band MD, he was the musical director when we would have rehearsals and Axl thought i was kind of poking fun at Tommy like a general. Like sort of a ‘hey we’re rehearsing at this time’ and that kind of shit. I was like ‘no dude, it’s because we ate general’s chicken."

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

lmao that's an amazing story and sums up the entire cd saga in a nutshell

supposedly the most epic song in the whole saga was inspired by chinese food

since it's chicken related, the buckethead solo on that is guaranteed to be amazing

bucket

otto
 Rep: 83 

otto wrote:
sp1at wrote:

Again, Brain's comments from this year about the song

"It’s funny because how ‘The General’ came about was we were supposed to, you know, this was like building up to that show. Everybody was like “Hey if anybody has songs or shit you can bring them in. So that song, ‘The General’ was a song that from when [inaudible] and [inaudible] and I, when I wasn’t doing Guns stuff would just jam in my living room type of thing. I had a pro tool setup, we were jamming, we were trying to come up with songs for Guns and we had this song called, well we called it ‘The General’ because we were eating general’s chicken. Yet, when I turned it in to Axl [Rose] he thought it was called ‘The General’ because I was making fun of Tommy [Stinson] and Tommy was kind of the band MD, he was the musical director when we would have rehearsals and Axl thought i was kind of poking fun at Tommy like a general. Like sort of a ‘hey we’re rehearsing at this time’ and that kind of shit. I was like ‘no dude, it’s because we ate general’s chicken."

Axl even makes fun of Tommy on stage during RIR 2001, all fits.

Board footer