You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axlin16
 Rep: 768 

Re: Which version of Appetite did you buy?

Axlin16 wrote:
monkeychow wrote:

What I want is lossless audio and all the music...which means I guess i'm stuck with Super Deluxe.

However, I wish there was a way to buy the all CDs without all the posters and other stuff in the SD or LNL boxes.

If all you want is the music its such a brutal step up from $30AUD for 2 CDs to $270AUD for 4 - especially when the other disc is just the appetitte demos and the heartbreak hotel mixes essentially.

I think they should have had a 4 disc version stand alone. and then the collectors packs with all the added toys.

So yeah i'll probably get the 4 disc - although value for money is questionable when you look at how awesome for cheap money the 2 disc version is.

This

I wish they'd do a Bandcamp release with Lossless FLAC/WAV audio for us audio nerds.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:

I hope someone puts their USB stick on eBay so I can buy it

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
dalethirsty wrote:

so who the fuck is actually buying the locked n' loaded edition? the most hardcore of hardcore fans are scoffing at that $1,000 price tag.

yeah I mean I would like it in a perfect world....but in Australia that's $1400AUD.

To put that in context....Australia is 9,429 Mi from the USA....yet for less than the locked and loaded box set.....

7ak9.png

I absolutely want an AFD remaster so I will buy some form, but that box set, I will pay a lot for GNR stuff but at that kinda price it's like they've pushed it right out of the category of "entertainment spending" and into like "large life purchases" in my mind.

boneshj
 Rep: 4 

boneshj wrote:

Remember when the world scoffed at the Kiss Box Set for over $1000.  That was for 34 albums and similar goodies.  This is for one.  Unbelievable really.  Would love to get access to the vinyl for the B-Sides album, but can't justify paying a $1000 to get them.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Didn't really occur to me to buy it. CD might be the last newly released album I bought. (I think I bought a Black Crowes GH since then, and maybe 1 or 2 others).

I might buy the 2CD Deluxe Edition. Otherwise maybe just the 2 NR demos off Amazon or something. Not in a rush. As someone else said I'll stop into Best Buy after Christmas & see what kinda 90% clearance bin it's in.

dalethirsty
 Rep: 20 

dalethirsty wrote:

unless the remaster sounds absolutely unreal, i'll probably pass on the vinyl.

i already have 2 copies of the record: one i listen to, and an original pressing of the banned cover that i'll never actually play unless i'm wasted out of my mind.

Walker
 Rep: 8 

Walker wrote:
Axlin16 wrote:

I thought about the Locked N' Loaded until I saw the MP3 version of all of it was gonna be like $28 bucks (and that's if it's NOT on Spotify; which it will be)

It's 2018. I'm gonna get the Deluxe Edition on CD, and probably might also grab the Digital version of the Super Deluxe. It gives me physical/digital copies of ALL of the songs on the Super Deluxe for less than $50 bucks. Why spend $180? For a poster?

i’m buying the 2CD for my car and the super deluxe for my apartment since cd and blu-ray audio are all i use at home

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I'll get the super-deluxe, but I'll wait to see what kinds of deals are available. I'm excited to hear the demos in (presumably) better quality than we've ever experienced before.

The L&L version seems like a terrible decision and I expect the band will be stuck with a lot of unsold copies. For that kind of money they should have included a lithograph signed by all five original bandmembers. I still would not be able to afford it, but at least the package would have included something truly personalized and special.

I expect we'll see it marked down to about half the price.

Now for a 10th anniversary Chinese Democracy box set!

Board footer