You are not logged in. Please register or login.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

Re: GNR soundchecks Slither

FlashFlood wrote:

There’s really only one way to sing it. It will be his lower lower “it don’t really mattah” voice.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

You could scream the chorus if you wanted to though.

Imagine 2006 Axl doing it. In that rasp.

To me that's what would make a GNR version interesting. If you want a warm clean version - well then scott sang it pretty well lol

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

Soundcheck Shadow Of Your Love.

According to another page, they also played Catcher In The Rye, Coma, Raw Power and New Rose.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

nice. if he ruins it with Mickey voice, he should be punished. heavily.

vipicius

vipicius wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yt1mhmR0dJY

vipicius

vipicius wrote:

Axl has trouble getting notes and keeping his voice. This is happening even in the common parts where there is no problem, more than once and stopped singing and came back in another stretch.
At least I noticed this in some videos.

zombux

zombux wrote:

1. surreal to see Richard and Frank playing Slither.
2. vocals indeed butchered it.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Holy fuck!!! What a kick as song, musically. Then Axl sings. Wow, it hurt. Like it was still so awesome to finally get this but damn Axl... shit!

zombux

zombux wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Holy fuck!!! What a kick as song, musically. Then Axl sings. Wow, it hurt. Like it was still so awesome to finally get this but damn Axl... shit!

I think it would be kickass 10 years ago. as everything Axl is doing - it would be jawdropping 10 years ago. but he keeps delaying everything until the right window is far far ago and closed. now it's just embarassing.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

It's cool they're playing this.

I remember hearing Slither for the first time. I hadn't been following the gossip but the DJ introduced it on the radio and I was like uhh... what's this? It sounded like Guns N' Roses but no Axl. I was mad. I wanted GNR back together, Axl back into the game taking his rightful place on the throne. I got back into the forums a couple months later.

It's a shame Axl doesn't sound very good. Here or the other clips I've checked in on. You'd hope that it's a bad start and he'll warm up.

Board footer