You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Was he worse than Palin? I always thought Lieberman was a Republican.

Well, Palin was more of a Hail Mary, and one can't deny she didn't put McCain back into a race he was distantly losing. A massive risk to the country, but politically & regarding the race he was trying to win, she was a good choice.

Lieberman was just a bore. I remember the VP debate with him & Dick Cheney..  ZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

I think he switched to GOP or something years later, sometime like 08 or '10. I think he was fairly moderate all along, but just a boring dude, which Al Gore had no business aligning himself with someone like that (himself a bore)

Speaking of VPs, word is Pence is to speak in Philly tonight. Protest set to go off.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Smoking Guns wrote:

How do we get Sessions gone. Him and Steven Miller are the cancers.

So I take it you, the only Trump voter still participating in this discussion, are against the family separation?    I know you've had a hard on for Sessions from day one (I assume that is in part because he was your senator until the election), but I've never heard you mention Miller before.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Miller is so fucking extreme. Him and sessions are way too anti immigrant. There is a better way to do this.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 423 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Miller is so fucking extreme. Him and sessions are way too anti immigrant. There is a better way to do this.

The better way is to change the law.  Until then, follow the law.  Giving people a free pass is what's created this problem. 

Kids get separated from parents breaking the law every day.  Where do we draw the line?  No more arresting mom or dad for dealing drugs or stealing?  Are we going to stop family services from taking kids out of bad homes?

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The better way is to change the law.  Until then, follow the law.  Giving people a free pass is what's created this problem. 

Kids get separated from parents breaking the law every day.  Where do we draw the line?  No more arresting mom or dad for dealing drugs or stealing?  Are we going to stop family services from taking kids out of bad homes?

This is an interesting observation. Particularly when you consider the living conditions of the children caught with their illegal parents. The ability for them to care for that child is none. They’re destitute.  They can’t legally gain employment. They’re non-citizens, so they don’t qualify for welfare. There is no legal way for those parents to care for their children. So because the government can’t orovide welfare to them under current law or provide them with lawful employment, I think there’s a child welfare argument to be had to justify taking their children away.

If the logic applies to the children of citizens, you at least have to consider if we care about illegal immigrant children too.

big_smile

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My sister-in-law is an alcoholic; she has two kids. We’ve had them with us for one summer. They stayed with their grandpa for a while. The ex-husband has them, but he gambles and left them home alone for an entire weekend (the kids are 8 and 10), so they were in a foster home for a while. Then the other grandparents had them. She just wrecked her Lexus SUV on Father’s Day and he got the call from her that day. Happy Father’s Day.

DCFS always tries to reunite kids with the most capable parent first. Then a close family member. Then a foster home.

Cages or whatever you want to call them are never involved.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

So now we care about the housing?  Trust me, those "cages" are better than some of the houses these people are living in.  My wife used to work at the department of children services.  I know way more than anyone wants to know about the living conditions of some citizens, so forgive me if I'm not overly concerned about the living conditions of some non-citizens.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Problem is everyone knows they are real deal bigots.

buzzsaw

buzzsaw wrote:

Yes, because there's no other reason someone could oppose this unless they are (insert whatever insult here).  Politics are such a joke.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:

Yes, because there's no other reason someone could oppose this unless they are (insert whatever insult here).  Politics are such a joke.

No but these guys are. But I am fine with locking down the Fucking border. But I am also fine for having a new Ellis Island and new rules and issuing the good ones here. Tax ID

Board footer