You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Re: APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION - Super Deluxe | Discussion Thread

Gagarin wrote:

Really I bought it (the... Super Deluxe) for the demos - yes, I've heard some of them for 18 years, but NOT LIKE THIS. It was worth it for that for me. I didn't expect 1.) the album proper to sound much different, 2.) them to keep the dynamic sound. I did notice that the My Michelle intro is clearer compared to my vintage CD. I'd have to suspend judgement for getting the real discs.

At some point those Blu-rays will be ripped apart and people will be releasing the 5.1 channel separated audio - I have a feeling. That should be interesting. Not quite audio stems, but close.

I hope someone posts a rip of that 'secret' cassette.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

I picked out 5 tracks of the bunch.

The second disc is an inferior version of the album to my ears so it doesn’t do much for me.

I didn’t care much for Shadow upon release but it’s grown on me. The chorus is pure 80s schlock but the rest isn’t bad.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

Gagarin wrote:

Really I bought it (the... Super Deluxe) for the demos - yes, I've heard some of them for 18 years, but NOT LIKE THIS. It was worth it for that for me. I didn't expect 1.) the album proper to sound much different, 2.) them to keep the dynamic sound. I did notice that the My Michelle intro is clearer compared to my vintage CD. I'd have to suspend judgement for getting the real discs.

At some point those Blu-rays will be ripped apart and people will be releasing the 5.1 channel separated audio - I have a feeling. That should be interesting. Not quite audio stems, but close.

Is there any software that does that?  I'll have it up in an hour if so.

Gagarin
 Rep: 50 

Gagarin wrote:
Randall Flagg wrote:
Gagarin wrote:

Is there any software that does that?  I'll have it up in an hour if so.

Blu-ray can be complicated. MakeMKV might be a place to start.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:
Pacha wrote:

I've been listening the remastered Appetite...Someone find a big different with the original? To me they sound almost the same...

It's about 3 or 4 decibels louder than the original CD.

Listening to the 192/24 bit version it's a bit crisper and cleaner sounding. I notice very subtle sounds like the sound of the cymbals in places and things like that. It's subtle stuff but it's there.

This version being louder will have less dynamic range for the purists that care about such stuff, personally I'm not too worried about dynamic range for hard rock - it's not like if the AFD5 played this live in your living room that there would be many quiet parts - Slash's amp alone is usually set to insane volumes. The compression here brings the recording to modern levels and allows it to sit well in a playlist with newer music.

Obviously an expensive release, but if you're an audio type person then I think the shear fact this is an HD release makes it great.

I hope for UYI to get the same treatment - although given the censorship of Mamma Kin and OIAM - who knows what they'd do with GITR and Shotgun blues etc....hahahah

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
monkeychow wrote:
Pacha wrote:

I've been listening the remastered Appetite...Someone find a big different with the original? To me they sound almost the same...

It's about 3 or 4 decibels louder than the original CD.

Listening to the 192/24 bit version it's a bit crisper and cleaner sounding. I notice very subtle sounds like the sound of the cymbals in places and things like that. It's subtle stuff but it's there.

This version being louder will have less dynamic range for the purists that care about such stuff, personally I'm not too worried about dynamic range for hard rock - it's not like if the AFD5 played this live in your living room that there would be many quiet parts - Slash's amp alone is usually set to insane volumes. The compression here brings the recording to modern levels and allows it to sit well in a playlist with newer music.

Obviously an expensive release, but if you're an audio type person then I think the shear fact this is an HD release makes it great.

I hope for UYI to get the same treatment - although given the censorship of Mamma Kin and OIAM - who knows what they'd do with GITR and Shotgun blues etc....hahahah

I haven’t heard it yet. But the 24 karat Gold version is also cleaner than the original and you can hear clearer symbols and stuff on that one as well.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

What's on this "secret cassette" we're talking about?

Pacha
 Rep: 0 

Pacha wrote:

What do you think about The plague and New work tune???

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Pacha wrote:

What do you think about The plague and New work tune???

Crap.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:
bigbri wrote:

What's on this "secret cassette" we're talking about?

all 5 songs from Mystic sessions 85. same content as Troccoli's demo tape, possibly with higher quality (but I'm not sure of that, some people say it's the same).

Board footer