You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Re: APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION - Super Deluxe | Discussion Thread

Axl S wrote:

Move to the City 88 Acoustic is probably the best version of that song. It’s also the only good thing GN’R have released since 08.

If he has no intention of recording with Slash and Duff and no designs on doing a solo record he should just dump the Chinese Democracy Vault. Every last thing of it.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

I picked up the Super Deluxe Edition as a belated birthday present for myself.

Yeah, it’s probably overpriced too, but it’s much better priced than the Locked n Loaded box set, with all the junk in there.

I’ve yet to dig into the CDs and Bluray, but the book is fantastic. Great to see all the pics and paraphernalia from the early years

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

I’m loving the acoustic NR. Just a great song whichever version you hear.

The more I listen to the cleaned up SOYL the more I wonder why it didn’t make it on the original AFD. It’s a killer little rock tune.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I’m loving the acoustic NR. Just a great song whichever version you hear.

The more I listen to the cleaned up SOYL the more I wonder why it didn’t make it on the original AFD. It’s a killer little rock tune.

Probably because Huge would have gotten a writing credit.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

I'm a fucking pirate so I haven't bought L&L nor SDE nor anything else.
now I don't care about the music itself, but about the booklet and liner notes. are there some scans? I'm not interested about quality (at least not now), but about information about recording sessions. there's a nice scan of Lies/Suicide sessions here, and I'd like to see the rest of the info booklet (trying to put together all the recording sessions as precisely as possible).
R-12198501-1530306073-8490.jpeg.jpg

zombux
 Rep: 36 

zombux wrote:

hmmm this is from Discogs from the 2-disc version... it seems they didn't provide proper studio info for each of the AFD tracks, too bad.
R-12198501-1530306068-8133.jpeg.jpg

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I hope to save up money for it before the end of the year. God willing, it will be on sale with a big discount before then!

Axl S wrote:

If he has no intention of recording with Slash and Duff and no designs on doing a solo record he should just dump the Chinese Democracy Vault. Every last thing of it.

Agreed!

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

The thing about new music is the longer he waits, the less likely he is to profit from it financially or artistically.

The catch 22 is each subsequent release requires negotiation and has an effect on brand value.

I doubt it's as simple as "release the vault".

And honestly, if nothing comes from CD10, then I don't see it coming for a long time.

In other words, don't wait on it.

ZeroMortals7
 Rep: 0 

ZeroMortals7 wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

The thing about new music is the longer he waits, the less likely he is to profit from it financially or artistically.

The catch 22 is each subsequent release requires negotiation and has an effect on brand value.

I doubt it's as simple as "release the vault".

And honestly, if nothing comes from CD10, then I don't see it coming for a long time.

In other words, don't wait on it.

If the next Chinese CD and the Chinese remix CD is released Axl will profit from it financially and artistically very handsomely.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

I don't know which topic would be appropriate for comment. But I did not want to create one to post this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQTFxmILGYw

Board footer