You are not logged in. Please register or login.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

Re: Buckethead 2017 tour

bigbri wrote:

Yes!

Gong
 Rep: 60 

Gong wrote:

I am going on Friday

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

29400777_198141537451614_1245476215884611584_n.jpg

29402004_1845619198802755_1924750556744646656_n.jpg

Bucket sounded good.

He messed up a couple transitions between the songs but his riffs felt chunky and like he was focusing on them. A couple of moments his shredding blew my mind a little bit. I literally said wow. I'm jealous of anyone who saw his shows with Brain and Brewer because this was incredible.

He slowed down Soothsayer and some of the faster stuff a bit and it had a different energy to them which was cool.

The venue was tiny and my back was killing me so I missed the second half of the set.

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I saw a couple of songs last night in Boston (had to leave early). The first thing you notice when he gets onstage is he is enormous, but has this massive presence. Like Andre the Giant.

Guns N’ Roses could have succeeded with Bucket as THE singular lead guitarist. Put him, Axl, and Tommy to the foreground and let the rest fuck around in the shadows. No 3 guitar clusterfuck.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

Now this is amazing.

Buckethead let a fan play what is arguable his best song, Soothsayer, at a show the other night. And the kid NAILED IT!  Starts around 1:45 in video. It's funny to see Bucket just standing there, and then come out to hit the pedals.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Now this is amazing.

Buckethead let a fan play what is arguable his best song, Soothsayer, at a show the other night. And the kid NAILED IT!  Starts around 1:45 in video. It's funny to see Bucket just standing there, and then come out to hit the pedals.

That was BADASS!!!!

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Wow, Guy really nailed it. Flash Flood I agree, Guns dropping BH was a step in a bad direction, BBF was a nice guy & great guitarist, but BH had a certain presence & desirability that elevated Guns & would've kept them in elite status, not a rock afterthought the CD lineup became. Although keep Robin, I'm sure BH could rock it as the single guitarist, but still keep 2.

While I'm not a huge BH fan as far as his music & shows, kinda wish I checked him out though. I think he said he might be slowing it down soon. Wagzilla I hear ya on the bad back. I saw a 90 minute set a couple weeks ago & was leaning against the wall by the end. Shows are tough to do without seating as you get older.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

I don’t give a Fuck in bucket was still in the band the songs didn’t connect with anyone other than nuguns lovers and the shows would be shit now. Let’s be Fucking honest. Everyone wanted Slash back.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

True. I was referring more to the 2000-2010 era. At least do a CD album & tour with him. (A bona fide tour, not the 2002 shitshow).

Yeah, no doubt BH would be gone in favor of Slash coming back, but back then it wasn't happening. IMHO CD became a mess by having too many random people make too many random contributions to what it was Axl was envisioning. Gimme a song BH/Tommy put together, and Axl drops lyrics onto. Things like that. NuGNR wasn't a band, it was a studio project.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

I keep thinking about the podcast interview, and what an amazing guy he's turned out to be. As much as the Buckethead mystery has been fun to participate in as a fan, I'm hopeful that he'll do more interviews in the future to let us know about himself, and his music. With no exaggeration intended it's easy to believe that his work will be studied a century from now, like people study Beethoven or Mozart today. He's that innovative.

What a brilliant performer.

Board footer