You are not logged in. Please register or login.

ZeroMortals7
 Rep: 0 

Re: This I Love Remixes

ZeroMortals7 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

Kinda playing it fast and loose with the phrase ‘so many’ there.

I've talked to many online. They tell me they want the Brain remixes instead of old AFD demos you can hear right now on youtube.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:
ZeroMortals7 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

I've talked to many online. They tell me they want the Brain remixes instead of old AFD demos you can hear right now on youtube.

LOL

Keep telling yourself that

ZeroMortals7
 Rep: 0 

ZeroMortals7 wrote:
metallex78 wrote:
ZeroMortals7 wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:

LOL

Keep telling yourself that

It's true. There's many GNR sites online. Many members on the sites. I've talked to a lot of them. They say they want the Brain remixes. They want Chinese D demos. The 2001-2007 era. The minority of fans online wants AFD demos.

imsorry wrote:
ClaudeF wrote:

Considering Axl's apparent interest in remixes (given what we know of Brain's work), it'd be very cool if he released the multitracks in an official capacity, especially with some of the online DJ services. That would legally expose the multitracks to a whole new audience of remixers, and could result in new fans.

imsorry, when you have time please let us know your process for remixing songs (or do you have a thread about it somewhere?). Do you get rid of sounds using Audacity's "invert" process, or something else? It sounds like you have remixing down to a science!

Years ago someone told me that if you rewire stereo speakers you can get the "invert" sound. I did it and wow, what a revelation. Audacity is a lot easier!

thanks, the multitracks is a lot easier i first open it in pro tools
import the tracks
set the proper bpm make it lot easy for editing
create marker point's intro/verse/chorus...
the guitars i split them even more create more channels dist.gtr/lead gtr/clean gtr...so i can have more control over it
the mixes i do i usually trigger samples with kick and snare cuz to my taste all drums from chinese sounds like shit and i have great samples from Chris Lord-Alge big_smile
after all that i start the mix eq the tracks to my taste...
If its a stereo track i open it in melodyne and deleted everything i dont want and save its a boring and slow job but if ure patience enough the results are great.
Also there is some utilities that go in the audio diferent dimensions and layers sometimes i use invert phase but not much the time i use most invert phase was for remove the AiM sounds of pre cd release somethin i really regret.
its all depend of what u want to do with the track and how it was record, anyway.
i dunno if a answer your question but if u wanna know more my pm is always open.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

imsorry, I understood about 60% of that because you mentioned tools I'm unfamiliar with, but suffice to say: You know your stuff! smile

I've played around with Audacity (a free download) and Garageband. Audacity is a heck of a lot of fun. It has a "Vocals Remover" feature which deletes anything heard in BOTH speakers at the same time, leaving stereo channels of just what is panned far left and just what is panned far right. This is especially interesting to use with old recordings, like The Rolling Stones, because you can drill down pretty far into the mix by muting one of the remaining channels. You might get just harmony vocals, or a few instruments, because of the way things were mixed in the 1960s.

If anyone out there has even a passing interest in mixing (or maybe it should be called un-mixing?), download Audacity and see what you can do. It's a blast.

Can't wait to hear your latest creations, imsorry!

imsorry wrote:

audacity is great for a freeware but at end its all about skills and good ears, old records are easy to isolate vocals nowdays there is alot effects on vocals see chinese heheh

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

The one I'd really like to hear is a remaster of The Blues 2001. Overlay the guitar solo, vocals and piano from the Rock Band multitracks to give it a bit more punch and audio fidelity (and fix the broken intro). I've tried, but I can't get the tracks to line up accurately and end up with an infuriating echo effect.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

The echo effect is probably due to one element (either the song itself or the multitracks) being slightly faster. I've noticed that happening when trying to combine radio edits of songs with album versions. The singles sometimes are sped up slightly (say 1%) to make them shorter in duration and higher energy.

Apparently the mis-alignment is how producers do phasing sound effects, by intentionally fading between two recordings of slightly different speeds.

Could you slow down the multitracks to see if that fixes the issue?

imsorry wrote:

https://wetransfer.com/downloads/2bc0a3 … 107/bc8741

Hidden Text:

Maybe more will come; lets see...

Board footer