You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: Short article/interview

mitchejw wrote:

Sorry if this has already been posted!

https://wogl.radio.com/blogs/shannon-gr … -new-music

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Sorry if this has already been posted!

https://wogl.radio.com/blogs/shannon-gr … -new-music

I'm not sure where the full interview is located...or if it's even out yet. This is probably the most important question though.

BLS-Pride
 Rep: 212 

BLS-Pride wrote:

Ehh.. I take Slash releases another solo record as GnR not planning on new music. I doubt we will see it. Shame. But it is what it is. Should have happened already if it was going too.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

To add to what BLS said, if they're not speculating on a new album yet, there's no new album this year. If there's no new album by this year, there's unlikely going to be a new album.

No time soon at least, just get it out of your head imho.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

It’s our fault really...we expect so little and pay so much.

Remember what the behind the music documentary said? Fans with religious devotion.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

In fact, it's too long without anything. So in the last few years there was the reunion tour and more recently some new things in the AFD release. The impact of these two has passed and again we have the feeling of emptiness. The feeling of wasted talent. Of negligence...

Guess we'll have to wait and see.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

The CD leftovers need to come out more as catharsis and fan service but I'm not sure I want a new Guns N' Roses album.

I'm a fan. I'll cheer them on. But I'd need to be proven wrong.

I also doubt it will ever happen. More money in not making stuff these days.

LocoComa
 Rep: 4 

LocoComa wrote:

I still think there's a chance Axl gets off his ass and wants to put something out; I kinda doubt he wants CD to end up being cemented as the final thing GN'R as a whole releases. I love CD, but for the majority of the world, it's looked at as a joke and a failure. If Axl wanted to go out as a joke and a failure, he would've hung it up after the '14 Vegas residency instead of working things out for the reunion. Now, there's an equally good chance he does nothing and coasts to the finish line, of course.

But I look at it like this: the AFD re-release, and especially the releasing of SOYL as a "new single" are a testing of the waters. If not, why even go through the effort of playing it live? And well at that. And releasing a music video for it with clips of current members - they could've easily just done one with old school pics of the AFD lineup or A/S/D only. Considering that it shot up the Billboard charts, despite being 32 years old, it probably showed Axl/the label/any other idiot that needed convincing that there's still a massive interest in new GN'R music. Axl saying that he's enjoying Wichita Lineman so much because it reminds him of old Guns is another interesting bit.

I just can't write off him doing something eventually... it won't be soon is all.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

I think it'll likely happen at some point, if only because it's a bit awkward to have closed the circle on getting Slash and Duff back, but the final (to date) GN'R album is Chinese Democracy, made with none of the original members during a period of acrimony. If nothing else, they need a new album for the catharsis. But I don't expect it any time soon.

Voodoochild
 Rep: 3 

Voodoochild wrote:

I dont expect anything, to be honest. In the past, he still had a point to make. Now it's all about the legacy. It's fine, he can still make music for a long time if he wants to. What still moves me is to find some gems like Vegas 2001.

Board footer