You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Mike
 Rep: 13 

Re: Halloween (2018)

Mike wrote:

For my old GNR buddies James, Double Talkin' Jive, Axlin16 etc.,

[youtube]https://youtu.be/ek1ePFp-nBI[/youtube]

I'm digging the revamped survivalist take on Laurie Strode and am glad the sibling connection is omitted, trailer looks promising imo.

James(or kermit the Trump), from what I tried searching, we don't have a thread for the Halloween franchise overall like Batman and Star Wars. If you want to edit the title, feel free.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

Holy shit. I haven't seen you in eons.

I'm cautiously optimistic about this. The trailer does look promising but apparently when they tested it on audiences it went over bad and they may do reshoots.

monkeychow
 Rep: 661 

monkeychow wrote:

I'm excited for it.

Love the whole franchise.

Sort of glad to see it go back to it's roots too - like the Zombie ones were fun in their own way for something different but I much prefer this to a 3rd zombie version.

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

"Halloween 3: Season of the Witch" scared the crap out of me and my friends when we were kids. The movie never gets much attention but it is so intense.

Mike

Mike wrote:

Although I am excited for this, it unfortunately seems the studios feel a Halloween movie can only be good if it has Jamie Lee Curtis in it. What I wished the Halloween reboot 12 years ago to be was Myers stalking Haddonfield in a modern setting without the Laurie Strode/Dr. Loomis stuff but that got rehashed in Rob Zombie's take. I hope this new one is the Wes Craven's New Nightmare of the franchise.

Mike

Mike wrote:

So who here has seen the new Halloween? It's definitely one of the best sequels in ages. Not as good as H2 and H4 but I would rank it in the top 5 best of the sequels. There was some corny dialogue and more than enough comic relief but this was the best portrayal of Michael Myers in ages to channel Nick Castle. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Thanks for posting. Now I wanna see it at some point. Wasn't sure what was really going on with this.

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Saw it the other night. Thought it was average but nothing more. Not a major fan of the series in general though so perhaps it was better for diehard fans of the franchise. People I didn’t give a shit about got stabbed was about all I took from it.

James
 Rep: 664 

James wrote:

It was a letdown. While I was hoping for a F13 reboot, I now want all these old franchises put to bed.  They just run in circles.

Mike

Mike wrote:
James wrote:

It was a letdown. While I was hoping for a F13 reboot, I now want all these old franchises put to bed.  They just run in circles.

Welcome back by the way, miss you brother! Not going to deny they wasted a lot of talent on homages to the old movies and like two or three annoying supporting characters but I enjoyed this a lot more than what we got since the nineties up to the Rob Zombie remakes.

Board footer