You are not logged in. Please register or login.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

Re: The Chicago Bears: 25 years of incompetence

esoterica wrote:

The Bears offense looks great.

Trubisky is just young. They could've won the game last night on a handful of plays.

He reminds me a lot of Favre. Really boom/bust at times.

The Bears did stuff I've been wanted McCarthy to introduce for years but he's a dunce.

Lost the battle, gonna win the next decades war, probably.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

Yeah Trubisky did look good, RBs did too at times. Overall a good O, but they really lacked moving the ball the second half. Something to be a bit concerned about, but on the flip side young QB looked good, which is a good sign.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

The Bears offense keeps opposing defenses off balance.

But they need to settle into a more traditional upfield passing game when the time is right.

The downside of their RB heavy fast-paced offense is that it gasses the line.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out throughout the season.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Wagszilla wrote:

The Bears offense keeps opposing defenses off balance.

But they need to settle into a more traditional upfield passing game when the time is right.

The downside of their RB heavy fast-paced offense is that it gasses the line.

It'll be interesting to see how it plays out throughout the season.

Where did you get the idea that their RB heavy fast-paced offense gasses the line? I've just never heard of that but it makes some sense.

I've calmed down a bit from Sunday night's game but man was that disappointing. One thing is for sure...that pass rush will be pretty sweet all seasons. I hope the conditioning improves so that we can have the pass rush deep into 4th when it's really needed.

esoterica

esoterica wrote:

The attack is basically a no-huddle run block, when they stretch the field, they're forced to block laterally as well as vertically.

It's like an all-body workout.

The Packers were running uptempo which is tiring but it's a vertical passing attack which is less difficult on linemen.

Board footer