You are not logged in. Please register or login.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

Re: Slash live at the Whiskey A Go Go

metallex78 wrote:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/slash- … ert-video/

SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS debuted several new songs during their concert for SiriusXM Tuesday night (September 11) at the famed Whisky A Go Go in West Hollywood, California.

The intimate set saw SLASH FEATURING MYLES KENNEDY AND THE CONSPIRATORS play the first two singles from their upcoming album, "Living The Dream" ("Driving Rain" and "Mind Your Manners"), plus "The Call Of The Wild", "Serve You Right" and "My Antidote", in addition to select cuts from their previous works "World On Fire" and "Apocalyptic Love".

The setlist was as follows:

01. Halo
02. Avalon
03. Standing In The Sun
04. Ghost
05. Back From Cali
06. Wicked Stone
07. Mind Your Manners (world premiere)
08. Bent To Fly
09. You're A Lie
10. Beneath The Savage Sun
11. The Dissident
12. Dr Alibi (Todd Kerns on vocals)
13. My Antidote (world premiere)
14. Rocket Queen
15. Starlight
16. Serve You Right (world premiere)
17. Driving Rain (world premiere)
18. World On Fire

Encore:
19. The Call Of The Wild (world premiere)
20. Anastasia

The performance will air September 21 at 8:00 p.m. ET on SiriusXM's Octane, via satellite on channel 37 through the SiriusXM app on smartphones and other connected devices, as well as online at SiriusXM.com. The show will also air simultaneously on Howard Stern's Howard 101 channel; Slash is a longtime friend of "The Howard Stern Show" and performed at the Howard Stern birthday bash.

In a recent interview with the New York radio station Q104.3, Slash stated about which songs planned to perform live during his upcoming tour with Kennedy and THE CONSPIRATORS: "When we first started out in 2010, I just had the solo album ['Slash'] with all the different singers on it, so at that point, we did songs off of that record and a lot of GUNS N' ROSES stuff which I hadn't played in years, and then some VELVET REVOLVER and some [SLASH'S] SNAKEPIT [material]. We did that, and then we recorded 'Apocalyptic Love', so we had a little bit more original material, but we kept doing the GUNS stuff and VELVET REVOLVER and so on. 'World On Fire', at that point, we had a pretty good catalog of our own stuff, but I was still digging playing 'Welcome To The Jungle' and whatnot. Then I hook up with GUNS N' ROSES, so now, I've played all those songs for the last two years, so I'm sort of like, 'Okay, we don't have to do any more GUNS N' ROSES songs.' We have enough to do."

"Living The Dream", will be released on September 21 via Slash's own label Snakepit Records. It is Slash's fourth solo album and third since putting together the CONSPIRATORS, which also features singer Myles Kennedy, drummer Brent Fitz, bassist Todd Kerns and guitarist Frank Sidoris. The group's North American headlining tour begins September 13 in Los Angeles, visiting 20 major cities before ending on October 14 in Sacramento.

The first single from "Living The Dream", a song called "Driving Rain", was released in late July. Slash said about the song: "This is a riff I specifically remember playing with the guys for the first time at a venue in New Hampshire on the 'World On Fire' tour. It's a cool guitar part we ran though, and from that point forward the rest of the song started to come together in my mind while on the road. We put it all together this year and Myles came up with a great melody for it."

Kennedy added: "Lyrically, it's a story about somebody who works on the road — it could be a musician, and it could be a traveling salesman. What makes it interesting is this guy has an addict girlfriend or spouse who continues to relapse, and she ends up getting him to come home. She's miserable and falls back into bad old habits, and that compels him to head back to her to save the day."

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Whether you’re a fan of The Conspirators or not, that is a ballsy setlist!

One Guns song, and it wasn’t SCOM or PC, and they debuted 5 new songs (3 if you don’t count that we’ve heard two of them)

But still, I’m impressed. There is footage floating around of the new songs, and Serve You Right is probably my favourite. Nice groove, a little bit funky, it sounds like a track from Ain’t Life Grand.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Digging the new stuff. The band sounded really tight. Slash loves those guys.

metallex78

metallex78 wrote:

Haha, clearly no one here gives a flying fuck that Slash is out touring and dropping a new album this week...

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

I usually see Slash when he comes around but his only New England show appears to be in CT and not worth the drive for me.

I think there are plenty of people on this board who care and will check out the album, but generally we like discussing music that won’t come out instead!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

I am loving My Antidote.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Sorry been wayy to preoccupied with other stuff to properly check this out

Is he coming to canada on his tour? Ive yet to see slash live since VR

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am loving The Antidote.

Best of the three by far.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

ClaudeF
 Rep: 16 

ClaudeF wrote:

The transition at 0:38 reminds me a lot of when he starts playing the opening to "You Could Be Mine."

His tourdates are at http://www.slashonline.com/tour/

Looks like Salt Lake City gets him tonight, then Denver has him tomorrow.

Nothing in the Pacific Northwest, unfortunately!

Board footer