You are not logged in. Please register or login.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

Re: Guns N' Roses tour to continue through 2017(and beyond)

A Private Eye wrote:

Video won’t play, which show was it from, Taiwan?

To be fair he’s been nailing Shadow consistently since they first started playing it.

Try this one.

Ragnite_Powered
 Rep: 0 

You could do a terrible joke with Shadow and the hedgehog cocks, but I'll leave it out for our collective sake lol

To come back to a serious tone, of course, Axl sounds worse than he did in his 20s/30s; he's getting old, and has to deal with things like nature getting in his way.
It will never be as awesome as it was in the late 80s/early 90s, but come on, they still manage to put on one hell of a show after all of these years and it is a feat that shouldn't be underestimated. The "pure" performances aren't the same, but the efforts and skill put to work are still very present.

vipicius
 Rep: 6 

vipicius wrote:

The show in Abu Dhabi had to be closed in the middle. Axl was not well and the show was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYylbJ3t_oo&feature=share

FlashFlood
 Rep: 55 

FlashFlood wrote:

What’s a worse look - cancelling mid-set (still basically a standard length setlist) or cancelling the entire show before hand?

I feel like he will get more shit for cancelling in-show than pre-show...which I find odd.

metallex78
 Rep: 194 

metallex78 wrote:

They still played for 2 hours, and 20 songs. Sure it wasn’t the 3+ hour marathon, but he still gave it all considering he was sick. The guy is only human

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Absolutely, credit for trying to battle through it.

vipicius

vipicius wrote:

Another thing. I did not understand exactly how the interview took place, but Axl did one in Abu Dhabi here has some parts:
https://www.alternativenation.net/axl-r … UiH2EFyvbA

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Props to Axl.

elevendayempire
 Rep: 96 

FlashFlood wrote:

What’s a worse look - cancelling mid-set (still basically a standard length setlist) or cancelling the entire show before hand?

I feel like he will get more shit for cancelling in-show than pre-show...which I find odd.

Nah, general consensus is he handled it like a trouper. Audience still got like 2 hours worth of songs. There was one review where the guy was, like, "If Axl was ill they should've changed up the setlist to front-load the hits" which demonstrates a profound lack of understanding about the production of the tour. Yeah. Just rearrange all the pyro, the video clips, etc, on the off chance that Axl can't finish the show. He went into it hoping to finish the entire setlist, ffs.

vipicius

vipicius wrote:

Board footer