You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 201 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Saw someone on TV say Mueller may very well have (and legally) passed sealed documents or indictments over to Rod Rosenstein the night Sessions resigned. A premeditated move knowing Trump could be aiming to have a new DA quash the investigation. I don't know the legalities of it, but she seemed to have heard it from a source. I can't really see how or why it wouldnt be legal. A DA or special prosecutor I dont think is under deadline to file or release immediately.

mitchejw
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

Saw someone on TV say Mueller may very well have (and legally) passed sealed documents or indictments over to Rod Rosenstein the night Sessions resigned. A premeditated move knowing Trump could be aiming to have a new DA quash the investigation. I don't know the legalities of it, but she seemed to have heard it from a source. I can't really see how or why it wouldnt be legal. A DA or special prosecutor I dont think is under deadline to file or release immediately.

Good lord it was a bad day for Trump. The bad things happened one after the other before he could even rage tweet.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 328 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Wasnt it Trump supporters and Republicans alike that said the only reason the Obama Economy was going anywhere was because of low interest rates?

Now you think it’s bad when they raise interest rates?

The speed at which they are rising is the issue. Takes 12 to 18 months for one rate hike to be absorbed. We have had 8 in not even 24 months.

2.25 percent is hardly a high interest rate. When the economy is booming (like you claim) then you should expect rate hikes. You can’t have it both ways. At other times in reserve history similar to now, the rates were between 4-6 percent.

It is high when compared to 2011. Do you understand how compounded interest works? It tightens up all money and each rate hike is meant to slow down the economy. Do too many too fast and it will come to a grinding hault. Auto loans, mortgage loans, credit cards ALL GO UP which can lead to lower spending and also commercial lending goes up for business owners to borrow. When borrowing hundreds of thousands or millions 2.25% is a huge deal.

mitchejw
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The speed at which they are rising is the issue. Takes 12 to 18 months for one rate hike to be absorbed. We have had 8 in not even 24 months.

2.25 percent is hardly a high interest rate. When the economy is booming (like you claim) then you should expect rate hikes. You can’t have it both ways. At other times in reserve history similar to now, the rates were between 4-6 percent.

It is high when compared to 2011. Do you understand how compounded interest works? It tightens up all money and each rate hike is meant to slow down the economy. Do too many too fast and it will come to a grinding hault. Auto loans, mortgage loans, credit cards ALL GO UP which can lead to lower spending and also commercial lending goes up for business owners to borrow. When borrowing hundreds of thousands or millions 2.25% is a huge deal.

So glad that you’re worried about people who borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars...

No wonder you voted for Trump

PaSnow
 Rep: 201 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

So glad that you’re worried about people who borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars...

No wonder you voted for Trump

Mitch, don't take this the wrong way, that was your best post in months.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 328 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

2.25 percent is hardly a high interest rate. When the economy is booming (like you claim) then you should expect rate hikes. You can’t have it both ways. At other times in reserve history similar to now, the rates were between 4-6 percent.

It is high when compared to 2011. Do you understand how compounded interest works? It tightens up all money and each rate hike is meant to slow down the economy. Do too many too fast and it will come to a grinding hault. Auto loans, mortgage loans, credit cards ALL GO UP which can lead to lower spending and also commercial lending goes up for business owners to borrow. When borrowing hundreds of thousands or millions 2.25% is a huge deal.

So glad that you’re worried about people who borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars...

No wonder you voted for Trump

My God you sound stupid. It jacks up the cost of money FOR EVERYBODY AND EVERYTHING. And for job creators and employers as well. Your flippant comments show you lack of knowledge in economics and how monetary policy works.

buzzsaw
 Rep: 428 

Re: US Politics Thread

buzzsaw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

It is high when compared to 2011. Do you understand how compounded interest works? It tightens up all money and each rate hike is meant to slow down the economy. Do too many too fast and it will come to a grinding hault. Auto loans, mortgage loans, credit cards ALL GO UP which can lead to lower spending and also commercial lending goes up for business owners to borrow. When borrowing hundreds of thousands or millions 2.25% is a huge deal.

So glad that you’re worried about people who borrow hundreds of thousands of dollars...

No wonder you voted for Trump

My God you sound stupid. It jacks up the cost of money FOR EVERYBODY AND EVERYTHING. And for job creators and employers as well. Your flippant comments show you lack of knowledge in economics and how monetary policy works.

He lacks knowledge in pretty much everything.   That's why nobody wastes their time engaging with him any more.  It's not even entertaining like it used to be.

PaSnow
 Rep: 201 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My God you sound stupid. It jacks up the cost of money FOR EVERYBODY AND EVERYTHING. And for job creators and employers as well. Your flippant comments show you lack of knowledge in economics and how monetary policy works.

It wasn't relevant or accredited, but it was funny.

PaSnow
 Rep: 201 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

RIP to HW Bush.  He was definitely a throwback to the old school politicians, of the WW2/pre-Kennedy era.

Was definitely one of the better 1 term Presidents.

mitchejw
 Rep: 110 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My God you sound stupid. It jacks up the cost of money FOR EVERYBODY AND EVERYTHING. And for job creators and employers as well. Your flippant comments show you lack of knowledge in economics and how monetary policy works.

It wasn't relevant or accredited, but it was funny.

Jesus Christ Pa...i know I’m vulgar and patronizing and offensive but I’m always trying to make a point...even if some people don’t get it.


People have been chiding me me in this thread since my first post in it. Let’s just take recent posts for example...

SG questions whether or not i know what compound interest is....when i started my business, i eventually took out over 6 figures in loans because that business was expanding so fast. I know all about it and I bet I’ve paid more in interest than either buzz or SG have owed in their life.

Let me break it down for everyone...

2.25 federal reserve established interest rates is shit and if anyone is concerned about that....then they just don’t know their shit...these people just don’t know their history....

Do you know why people like SG think it’s a problem? It’s because he listens to Limbaugh or watches Sean Hannity.

Why isn’t he aware of anything but this stupid interest rate argument? It’s because he’s parroting what someone else told him. It’s painfully obvious when some is just parroting or regergitating information to me. Like when RF watches an episode of Tucker and then comes on here pretending that he came up with this idea or that argument.

I’ve grown to hate people who think they’re geniuses because they restate something they saw on TV or heard on the radio. Especially in this political climate. Those people are the problem. I’ve been repeatedly accused of not knowing shit when in fact I know the history of the federal reserve because I took 15 minutes to look it up. The self-proclaimed geniuses in this thread didn’t even do that before they called me an idiot.

So it’s fine with me if buzz comes into this thread and says it’s not even fun to make fun of me anymore, it’s hilarious to me because buzz never made one good point in this thread since I’ve been in it. His posts are almost a caricature of the others.

But to bring it full circle, it’s SG’s own words that expose his own stupidity. You don’t need to make a political argument to understand where his head is at. Why in the fuck is a middle-class worker like SG worried about the Federal Reserve and their interest rates? That’s jack assery.

It’s sad and it’s a true genius at the same time. Somehow the richest people in this country convinced SG that his biggest problem was actually the one percent’s biggest  problem. SG lacks the awareness to figure out  what’s in his best interest. He has to be told. So while I make jokes about him and his lack of awareness, really I’m just sad. I’m sad to see someone so unable to figure this out for himself. It’s not a Democrat thing or Republican thing.

If he really thinks the federal reserve is the problem then he’s utterly lost.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB