You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

It wasn't relevant or accredited, but it was funny.

Jesus Christ Pa...i know I’m vulgar and patronizing and offensive but I’m always trying to make a point...even if some people don’t get it.

My terminology wasn't precise, but I was on my phone & don't like typing as much on it. What I meant tho was that SG had a valid point, and I think moreso than yours, in that I'd venture to guess (although I don't K-N-O-W) that the economic impact of Fed rate hikes is possibly moreso felt via Corporate and large scale/short term lending (Think Google's, Comcasts, Apple's, Best Buys etc) let alone Home Building/Construction & large family owned businesses rather than individual home loans & car notes. I mean, it does affect us, and our spending habits and stimulating the economy, but it wouldn't surprise me if the former had a more drastic impact on the economy. Just think how it impacts companies decisionmaking towards hiring alone.

Still, you're comeback was golden. 22

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

My God you sound stupid. It jacks up the cost of money FOR EVERYBODY AND EVERYTHING. And for job creators and employers as well. Your flippant comments show you lack of knowledge in economics and how monetary policy works.

Jesus Christ Pa...i know I’m vulgar and patronizing and offensive but I’m always trying to make a point...even if some people don’t get it.

People have been chiding me me in this thread since my first post in it. Let’s just take recent posts for example...

SG questions whether or not i know what compound interest is....when i started my business, i eventually took out over 6 figures in loans because that business was expanding so fast. I know all about it and I bet I’ve paid more in interest than either buzz or SG have owed in their life.

Let me break it down for everyone...

2.25 federal reserve established interest rates is shit and if anyone is concerned about that....then they just don’t know their shit...these people just don’t know their history....

Do you know why people like SG think it’s a problem? It’s because he listens to Limbaugh or watches Sean Hannity.

Why isn’t he aware of anything but this stupid interest rate argument? It’s because he’s parroting what someone else told him. It’s painfully obvious when some is just parroting or regergitating information to me. Like when RF watches an episode of Tucker and then comes on here pretending that he came up with this idea or that argument.

I’ve grown to hate people who think they’re geniuses because they restate something they saw on TV or heard on the radio. Especially in this political climate. Those people are the problem. I’ve been repeatedly accused of not knowing shit when in fact I know the history of the federal reserve because I took 15 minutes to look it up. The self-proclaimed geniuses in this thread didn’t even do that before they called me an idiot.

So it’s fine with me if buzz comes into this thread and says it’s not even fun to make fun of me anymore, it’s hilarious to me because buzz never made one good point in this thread since I’ve been in it. His posts are almost a caricature of the others.

But to bring it full circle, it’s SG’s own words that expose his own stupidity. You don’t need to make a political argument to understand where his head is at. Why in the fuck is a middle-class worker like SG worried about the Federal Reserve and their interest rates? That’s jack assery.

It’s sad and it’s a true genius at the same time. Somehow the richest people in this country convinced SG that his biggest problem was actually the one percent’s biggest  problem. SG lacks the awareness to figure out  what’s in his best interest. He has to be told. So while I make jokes about him and his lack of awareness, really I’m just sad. I’m sad to see someone so unable to figure this out for himself. It’s not a Democrat thing or Republican thing.

If he really thinks the federal reserve is the problem then he’s utterly lost.

Umm, I am a home builder. So rate changes affect mortgage rates and also cost to borrow. I am not going to get in a pissing contest over who borrows..

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

People have been chiding me me in this thread since my first post in it. Let’s just take recent posts for example...

SG questions whether or not i know what compound interest is....when i started my business, i eventually took out over 6 figures in loans because that business was expanding so fast. I know all about it and I bet I’ve paid more in interest than either buzz or SG have owed in their life.

2.25 federal reserve established interest rates is shit and if anyone is concerned about that....then they just don’t know their shit...these people just don’t know their history....

Do you know why people like SG think it’s a problem? It’s because he listens to Limbaugh or watches Sean Hannity.

Why isn’t he aware of anything but this stupid interest rate argument? It’s because he’s parroting what someone else told him. It’s painfully obvious when some is just parroting or regergitating information to me. Like when RF watches an episode of Tucker and then comes on here pretending that he came up with this idea or that argument.

I’ve grown to hate people who think they’re geniuses because they restate something they saw on TV or heard on the radio. Especially in this political climate. Those people are the problem. I’ve been repeatedly accused of not knowing shit when in fact I know the history of the federal reserve because I took 15 minutes to look it up. The self-proclaimed geniuses in this thread didn’t even do that before they called me an idiot.

So it’s fine with me if buzz comes into this thread and says it’s not even fun to make fun of me anymore, it’s hilarious to me because buzz never made one good point in this thread since I’ve been in it. His posts are almost a caricature of the others.

But to bring it full circle, it’s SG’s own words that expose his own stupidity. You don’t need to make a political argument to understand where his head is at. Why in the fuck is a middle-class worker like SG worried about the Federal Reserve and their interest rates? That’s jack assery.

It’s sad and it’s a true genius at the same time. Somehow the richest people in this country convinced SG that his biggest problem was actually the one percent’s biggest  problem. SG lacks the awareness to figure out  what’s in his best interest. He has to be told. So while I make jokes about him and his lack of awareness, really I’m just sad. I’m sad to see someone so unable to figure this out for himself. It’s not a Democrat thing or Republican thing.

Umm, I am a home builder. So rate changes affect mortgage rates and also cost to borrow. I am not going to get in a pissing contest over who borrows..

How is it a pissing contest for you to acknowledge that the interest rate is quite given historical standards?

There are times in economic cycles where interest rates and taxes should raise.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Anyone here see the story about ‘the good guy with the gun’ story the other day?

A ‘good guy’ with a gun attempted to intervene...in a shooting at a mall.

The police show up and shoot ‘the good guy’ with the gun.

The hero was a military vet. He was also black. The white mass shooter got away because the police stopped investigating after killing the vet who likely saved others’ lives.

Truly a country just infested with its own bullshit.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Anyone here see the story about ‘the good guy with the gun’ story the other day?

A ‘good guy’ with a gun attempted to intervene...in a shooting at a mall.

The police show up and shoot ‘the good guy’ with the gun.

The hero was a military vet. He was also black. The white mass shooter got away because the police stopped investigating after killing the vet who likely saved others’ lives.

Truly a country just infested with its own bullshit.

This happened at my local mall. About 15 minutes drive from my house.

He wasn’t a “vet” but was in the military at some point. I need to see the video before making a determination. A lot of rumors and  until we see the video footage there will continue to be rumors. I don’t like how this looks at the moment. Now we have protesters threatening to go to all of the police officers homes and also threatening to protest at the local schools. That will not end well either it is a big mess. The investigative body that is looking into this situation will not release the video footage until the investigation is complete. I want to see the video now.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

How is it a pissing contest for you to acknowledge that the interest rate is quite given historical standards?

I am fine with raising but the rate at which the increases are happening is too fast. Also our country has more debt that at any other time in history. Jacking up their monthly payments at too fast of a rate will also have ill effects. Raising rates too fast can cause a recession.  Seems like that is what you want.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

I am fine with raising but the rate at which the increases are happening is too fast. Also our country has more debt that at any other time in history. Jacking up their monthly payments at too fast of a rate will also have ill effects. Raising rates too fast can cause a recession.  Seems like that is what you want.

But you were a fan of the tax cuts weren’t you? That’s why we’re here in this situation...those tax cuts.

What I’d like is for someone to think ahead a bit before doing such drastic things.

You’ll just never put the blame of Trump though...it’s always someone else.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

But you were a fan of the tax cuts weren’t you? That’s why we’re here in this situation...those tax cuts.

What I’d like is for someone to think ahead a bit before doing such drastic things.

So you think the tax cuts means we had to have 8 rate hikes in 22 months?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

The same people telling you the rate hikes are egregious were the same ones who were angry when it was lowered.

https://www.thebalance.com/fed-funds-ra … ws-3306135

You can look at this link and see how foolish your argument is....or you can do what you alway do and dig  in your heels.

The current rate is historically low. You have every right to deny it. Just like you have every right to be wrong.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

The same people telling you the rate hikes are egregious were the same ones who were angry when it was lowered.

https://www.thebalance.com/fed-funds-ra … ws-3306135

You can look at this link and see how foolish your argument is....or you can do what you alway do and dig  in your heels.

The current rate is historically low. You have every right to deny it. Just like you have every right to be wrong.

If you look at your own link, look at home sales when they drastically raised the rate after the 2001 recession... lol guess what they did to help, LOWERED THE RATE AGAIN. why not just get to a nice rate that isn’t too low or night and sit out for awhile instead of all this yo-yo shit.

Board footer