You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Will
 Rep: 225 

Re: How to deal with...

Will wrote:

Sorry all for what you're each going through, I'm going through it myself right now and I've never felt so shitty my whole life. I had to get my 12 year old boy Elliott put down just over a month ago, and I've been struggling ever since tbh. My life revolved around feeding, walking, and playing with my dog; he's literally been by my side every day for the last 12 years.

And now he's gone, and my life fucking sucks. I just have so much free time now, but I don't want to do anything without my boy. I don't plan on getting another dog for a long time, and if/when I do it will be an old boy from the pound that nobody else wants to adopt - I'll give them a nice home for their final few years, without me getting too attached and having to put myself through this again.

Also, for what its worth, my boy had a high grade 2, low grade 3, mass cell cancerous tumour when he was just 6. I thought I'd lose him then, but after chemo he kept going and gave me another 6 years. Cancer is one of those words which just strikes fear in people, but it doesn't necessarily mean that death is imminent or that the cancer will immediately return smile Just give your pets lots of love and be greatful for every extra day that you get to spend with them.

Neemo
 Rep: 480 

Re: How to deal with...

Neemo wrote:

Sorry about ur loss Will...i know how much u loved your dog

Board footer