You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

So you think the tax cuts means we had to have 8 rate hikes in 22 months?

The same people telling you the rate hikes are egregious were the same ones who were angry when it was lowered.

https://www.thebalance.com/fed-funds-ra … ws-3306135

You can look at this link and see how foolish your argument is....or you can do what you alway do and dig  in your heels.

The current rate is historically low. You have every right to deny it. Just like you have every right to be wrong.

If you look at your own link, look at home sales when they drastically raised the rate after the 2001 recession... lol guess what they did to help, LOWERED THE RATE AGAIN. why not just get to a nice rate that isn’t too low or night and sit out for awhile instead of all this yo-yo shit.

Why are we talking about home sales now? For the last ten posts all we’ve been talking about is the federal reserve interest rate.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 325 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

The same people telling you the rate hikes are egregious were the same ones who were angry when it was lowered.

https://www.thebalance.com/fed-funds-ra … ws-3306135

You can look at this link and see how foolish your argument is....or you can do what you alway do and dig  in your heels.

The current rate is historically low. You have every right to deny it. Just like you have every right to be wrong.

If you look at your own link, look at home sales when they drastically raised the rate after the 2001 recession... lol guess what they did to help, LOWERED THE RATE AGAIN. why not just get to a nice rate that isn’t too low or night and sit out for awhile instead of all this yo-yo shit.

Why are we talking about home sales now? For the last ten posts all we’ve been talking about is the federal reserve interest rate.

Because our economy and housing sales are so tightly connected. As rates go up, homes sales go down... when home sales go down we usually fall into a recession. All the industries that support new homes are affected when rates change too fast or slow. These questions can’t be serious.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

If you look at your own link, look at home sales when they drastically raised the rate after the 2001 recession... lol guess what they did to help, LOWERED THE RATE AGAIN. why not just get to a nice rate that isn’t too low or night and sit out for awhile instead of all this yo-yo shit.

Why are we talking about home sales now? For the last ten posts all we’ve been talking about is the federal reserve interest rate.

Because our economy and housing sales are so tightly connected. As rates go up, homes sales go down... when home sales go down we usually fall into a recession. All the industries that support new homes are affected when rates change too fast or slow. These questions can’t be serious.

I realize that the two topics are related but it’s a direct inconsistency in your argument.

You’re asking the government to intervene in your market in a way that positively effects you. Think about that for a second.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 325 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

Why are we talking about home sales now? For the last ten posts all we’ve been talking about is the federal reserve interest rate.

Because our economy and housing sales are so tightly connected. As rates go up, homes sales go down... when home sales go down we usually fall into a recession. All the industries that support new homes are affected when rates change too fast or slow. These questions can’t be serious.

I realize that the two topics are related but it’s a direct inconsistency in your argument.

You’re asking the government to intervene in your market in a way that positively effects you. Think about that for a second.

No am not. I am just saying to rock the boat. Look what happened today. Fed announced they are going to be more cautious on rate hikes and the stock market rallie back hard today.

mitchejw
 Rep: 105 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Because our economy and housing sales are so tightly connected. As rates go up, homes sales go down... when home sales go down we usually fall into a recession. All the industries that support new homes are affected when rates change too fast or slow. These questions can’t be serious.

I realize that the two topics are related but it’s a direct inconsistency in your argument.

You’re asking the government to intervene in your market in a way that positively effects you. Think about that for a second.

No am not. I am just saying to rock the boat. Look what happened today. Fed announced they are going to be more cautious on rate hikes and the stock market rallie back hard today.

First of all...i don’t care one bit about the stock market

Second....what does the stock market have to do with whether or not interest rates should change?

PaSnow
 Rep: 185 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

I just wanna gauge something real quick:  Is pardoning your son who committed crimes while working on your own election campaign a hands-down, stone cold lock for impeachment?


Cause I think that's where this is going. (Among other things, possibly worse)

PaSnow
 Rep: 185 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Look at Dick Cheney's reaction to Trumps presence in the 2nd angle shown. (Dicks sitting behind Bill C). He knows something, and has a look like 'You have no idea how much sh-t you're in."

bigbri
 Rep: 321 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:

Trump tweets that the media is the enemy of the people, and immediately CNN is forced off the air because of two bomb threats.

It’s hard to articulate how big a piece of shit Trump is, how dangerous he is and what an utter failure he’s been.

How anyone supports him or the complicit GOP baffles me.

bigbri
 Rep: 321 

Re: US Politics Thread

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Because our economy and housing sales are so tightly connected. As rates go up, homes sales go down... when home sales go down we usually fall into a recession. All the industries that support new homes are affected when rates change too fast or slow. These questions can’t be serious.

I realize that the two topics are related but it’s a direct inconsistency in your argument.

You’re asking the government to intervene in your market in a way that positively effects you. Think about that for a second.

No am not. I am just saying to rock the boat. Look what happened today. Fed announced they are going to be more cautious on rate hikes and the stock market rallie back hard today.


Smoking Guns
 Rep: 325 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I realize that the two topics are related but it’s a direct inconsistency in your argument.

You’re asking the government to intervene in your market in a way that positively effects you. Think about that for a second.

No am not. I am just saying to rock the boat. Look what happened today. Fed announced they are going to be more cautious on rate hikes and the stock market rallie back hard today.

First of all...i don’t care one bit about the stock market

Second....what does the stock market have to do with whether or not interest rates should change?

1) That is fair
2) Well, the market is acting erratic due in part by the Fed. I am not going to explain this again. They know how fast a recession can come by raising rates too high.

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB