You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 109 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I realize that the two topics are related but it’s a direct inconsistency in your argument.

You’re asking the government to intervene in your market in a way that positively effects you. Think about that for a second.

No am not. I am just saying to rock the boat. Look what happened today. Fed announced they are going to be more cautious on rate hikes and the stock market rallie back hard today.


[/embed]

This is astounding to me...and it won’t matter will it?

There’s always someone to blame. I made the terrible mistake of going on twitter to see what it’s like on there. No on in this country cares about objective truth. You’ll never see a trump supporter admit this....theyve dug in their heels and they will not budge.

In the history of the fed; interest rates have rarely been lower than the are now...but look how well trained his supporters are at barking back in unison. They’re still using the Hillary card....they’re just doubling and tripling down on the same crap.

The stock market is in worse shape than it was before trumps tax cuts. The average person is in worse shape. Your blind loyalty to trump is only hurting you. It’s really not funny at all how disgusting he treats the office of president. People really are to busy looking down at their rectangles to even notice and they choose the news source that reaffirms their beliefs.

slcpunk
 Rep: 156 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

What a week it's been, completely nuts. I can barely keep up with this investigation.

Manafort is totally fucked. What a moron. He must have thought Trump would save him somehow via a pardon.

He was in contact with the Trump admin while in talks with Mueller even after he was indicted. He lied about his contact with the Russians, in particular Konstanian Kilimnik, who it associated with the DNC hack. He lied to Mueller a total of five times....adios!

The Cohen filing was another bombshell: Cohen spoke with a Russian who offered to help Trump's campaign and pushed for a meeting with Putin. Turned out that didn't matter, since he already had a connection to the Kremlin.

Cohen lied to Congress three times in regards to Trump Tower Moscow. Mueller's filing also showed that Trump lied to the American people, and was in contact with Russian officials the entire time he was running for the Republican primary and after. Cohen also working as a liaison for Trump during this time with the Russian government. Cohen had discussed plans to fly to Russia and meet the President or Prime Minister on Trump's behalf. What a shocker Trump will never talk poorly of Putin...ever. It's all about the money.

Mueller also showed that Cohen took direction from Trump to pay off the women he was having affairs with.

Then there is Flynn... who pled guilty to lying about his contacts with the Russians . He has provided "Substantial" evidence to Mueller over the last year. As we knew all along, Flynn was working with Mueller, but I'm shocked by how much. Nineteen meetings, and a recommendation of as little as no prison time because of his extensive cooperation. So much for "Flynn hasn't flipped." The filing shows that there are three separate investigations that are ongoing to include the Russian election interference and other criminal charges. Flynn has helped our government with all of them.

Roger Stone is refusing to cooperate and will take the fifth.

Corsi isn't willing to play ball either.

It also looks like they're working on rounding up Julian Assange, slowly but surely. 

Everybody is going down, and it's clear what will happen next.

After the filings, Flynn's cooperation and the heavily redacted paperwork, we can see more criminal charges are in the making. My guess would still be Junior who CLEARLY was willing to conspire with the Russians to get dirt on Hillary. Roger Stone taking the fifth also  comes to mind. There is nothing Mueller doesn't already know and has extensive info provided my Trumps' personal lawyer and National Security Adviser. I also highly doubt it was a coincidence that Mueller released these filings after Trump submitted his written answers.

I think that's where we are headed. Right now as it stands, I'd say we should easily expect charges of obstruction of justice, campaign finance violations, various financial crimes and very likely to see conspiracy with a foreign government. All against Donald Trump.

When will the GOP finally stand tall and break with this man?

slcpunk
 Rep: 156 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

One of the important parts of the sentencing memo for Cohen:

“The defendant’s false statements obscured the fact that the Moscow Project was a lucrative business opportunity that sought, and likely required, the assistance of the Russian government. If the project was completed, the Company could have received hundreds of millions of dollars from Russian sources in licensing fees and other revenues. The fact that Cohen continued to work on the project and discuss it with Individual 1 well into the campaign was material to the ongoing congressional and SCO investigations, particularly because it occurred at a time of sustained efforts by the Russian government to interfere with the U.S. presidential election. Similarly, it was material that Cohen, during the campaign, had a substantive telephone call about the project with an assistant to the press secretary for the President of Russia.”

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I realize that the two topics are related but it’s a direct inconsistency in your argument.

You’re asking the government to intervene in your market in a way that positively effects you. Think about that for a second.

No am not. I am just saying to rock the boat. Look what happened today. Fed announced they are going to be more cautious on rate hikes and the stock market rallie back hard today.


[/embed]

Yes. But over 6,000 points higher than election night 2016.

PaSnow
 Rep: 200 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

^^ Yeah, the DOW nearly tripled under Obama but it has no possibility of still rising during his 1st year out of office roll

SLC Yeah I think Donnie Jr's next, and it'll happen soon. Although, I think it's possibly Mueller waits until a new Congress sits so Trump can be checked if he does some form over Saturday night massacre during a break in session. Trump might get into a bit of a pickle because if he pardons him right away, he'll likely be set for impeachment pretty quick, I don't know all the legalities & processes for that, but if it can be fairly fast, he'd be helpless if more charges are brought to other people, including "Individual #1".  I think Pence as VP could be iffy, it's not unreasonable to think he 'could' be proven to have had knowledge of this. If anything, he could have a short run & pardon everyone else, then go. Or just ride out a crappy Gerald Ford like Presidency for 18 months while 2020 candidates run.

At best, Trump pardons a few people & goes. At worst, this becomes Treason. Running for President while working with a foreign country to establish your own business presence in their country & make millions off of it, in return for political favors favorable to said foreign country that may not be beneficial to America in any way, is probably one of the worst case of Treason in our nations history.

I think this will be a formative time to the GOP. It'll set the back for a decade & I think they'll likely reinvent themselves as more moderate & reasonable. They've been clawing at some elections since 2008 & Trump's absurdness & now illegalities will just be a punch in the gut to them. They need to get away from the ridiculousness & have more of a mainstream stance. With PC outta control, Christmas songs being banned, #metoo, there's room for a common sense agenda. "Lock Her Up", "Build That Wall" & "Jobs Jobs Jobs" (from a entire family profiting overseas) weren't it, and just a "Anyone But A Democrat/Hillary" stance.

slcpunk
 Rep: 156 

Re: US Politics Thread

slcpunk wrote:

To me Trump became a traitor when he openly sided with Putin over our intelligence community on the world stage. He did it again with Saudi Arabia when an American resident/journalist was murdered. Of course that's before we talk about our national security being compromised because of this business ties with Russia. He's also a massive tax cheat like his father before him (defrauding the American government and its citizens), which was reported a couple of months ago but got buried under the barrage of breaking news everyday about this administration.

As said earlier CNN receiving more bomb threats is directly related to the actions of our President. Think about that and how nuts that is. The president of our country! Not some crazy am radio asshole spouting off conspiracy theories. I know some defend that here and place blame elsewhere, or call it a false flag operation. But it's clear that Trump rings the bell and these whack jobs send bombs and/or make threats to those he's rage tweeting about.

This insanity must end, and we must stop this traitor in the White House.

PaSnow
 Rep: 200 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes. But over 6,000 points higher than election night 2016.

Stocks are heading for the worst year since before Obama

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/stoc … 22577.html

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 327 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Yes. But over 6,000 points higher than election night 2016.

Stocks are heading for the worst year since before Obama

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/stoc … 22577.html

Not going to read that but the market was a steady mover under obama because there was no rate of return anywhere else. As rates rise there are other places to invest. This is pretty elementary stuff. All that being said, under Trump the market went to places it has never been in the history of man kind. Even now the market is over 6,000 fucking point higher (I think) than at anytime during Obama. It is a silly talking point of you are trying to point to the market as a Trump failure.

PaSnow
 Rep: 200 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

Its an Obama success. The market under Trumps first year was just riding his coattails.

Besides, the market is speculative. If anything, all it would be saying is:

Year 1: Hey, myb this guy knows what he's doing.

Year 2: Nope.

PaSnow
 Rep: 200 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:

2m26kk6.jpg

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB