You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:

Mueller has to be very close to issuing the report, right?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

Cohen sentenced to 3 years....but where’s the proof of any wrong doing?!

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I don’t know! I think we get the report by February, that is when shit hits the fan?!?!

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I don’t know! I think we get the report by February, that is when shit hits the fan?!?!

I heard Mueller May being done advancing until the new Congress is seated.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

February seems early, considering there are more people that will be indicted and maybe two other criminal investigations ongoing. But who knows. I normal felony for any Joe Blow off the street could take two years in the court system before arriving at a conclusion.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

What I found interesting about Cohen is that he plead guilty without taking a deal up front. He just pled guilty then asked for leniency when he went to court.

Also it appears that AMI, who owns the National Enquirer has reached a deal with New York prosecutors for its role in paying off women for Trump, buying the rights to the stories and then squashing them. Something they denied initially. They'll be working with the prosecution going forward. Think how many people now, who know all the dirt on Trump, are giving that info to the government.

slcpunk

slcpunk wrote:

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

Also it appears that AMI, who owns the National Enquirer has reached a deal with New York prosecutors for its role in paying off women for Trump, buying the rights to the stories and then squashing them. Something they denied initially. They'll be working with the prosecution going forward. Think how many people now, who know all the dirt on Trump, are giving that info to the government.

I think there are more than 1 women. And more than 2. I find it highly coincidental that the 1 person he signed an NDA with happened to have never returned her signed copy. I think there were dozens of payoffs, possible 100 or so. So the 'payoffs' were upwards into the millions. Trump has the cash. Although, I'll speculate that the money even came out of the Trump Foundation charity, and was non-taxed money as well (A minor thing in this, but shows his ethical and patriotic character). Hence the FBI raided and seized Cohens office & files. In his files, are detailed notes and emails and contracts related to Russia, payoffs for the wikileaks, and incoming and outgoing payments to Russians. Cohen was caught in a blatant mess, and knows its bigger than him, and bigger than Trump. I think he knows it's treason, and gave up.

Figure also, that alot of this probably tied into some of Flynns testimony, and they probably questioned Flynn on what he knew about the Stormy Daniels situation. And he probably dove awfully deep into some details about what Cohen did. Heck, maybe the whole Stormy Daniels/Michael Avenatti was propped up as a result of findings they got from Flynn.

Lastly, I bet the investigations winding down, and there was no 'deal' offered to Cohen. He was caught, and he's toast. However, what he did, and the "3 years" is probably somewhat minor. I agree surprising he didn't try to challenge it, especially being a lawyer & knowing possibly he could find a technicality or something, but again I think he knows what he did, knows he got caught, knows what they know, and possibly knows Flynn told them everything.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

February seems early, considering there are more people that will be indicted and maybe two other criminal investigations ongoing. But who knows. I normal felony for any Joe Blow off the street could take two years in the court system before arriving at a conclusion.

And that is crazy to me. The wheels of justice turn very slow.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Serious question, does Cohen really deserve to be in jail? It is kind of laughable when people assault folks and shit and don’t get any jail time.

Board footer