You are not logged in. Please register or login.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

Re: US Politics Thread

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Serious question, does Cohen really deserve to be in jail? It is kind of laughable when people assault folks and shit and don’t get any jail time.

Are you asking if white collar crime should be punished?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

I finally watched the full video of Trump, Pelosi and Schumer....

I’m gonna need a few days to understand what i was watching...

Trump says he built some wall in San Diego though....I’m so tired of watching this kind of stupidity

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I finally watched the full video of Trump, Pelosi and Schumer....

I’m gonna need a few days to understand what i was watching...

Trump says he built some wall in San Diego though....I’m so tired of watching this kind of stupidity

In a nutshell:

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

February seems early, considering there are more people that will be indicted and maybe two other criminal investigations ongoing. But who knows. I normal felony for any Joe Blow off the street could take two years in the court system before arriving at a conclusion.

And that is crazy to me. The wheels of justice turn very slow.

One of my brothers was married for 20 years, his divorce took five.

I've been in two lawsuits. One settled immediately while the other one took almost 24 months of back and forth BS before settling with me. I could only imagine if we all went to court.

As for your question, Cohen lied to Congress, committed tax fraud and violated campaign finance laws. The difference between a guy like him and some average schmuck is that Cohen gets to report to prison in March, where the average guy would have already had dinner in jail.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
slcpunk wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
slcpunk wrote:

February seems early, considering there are more people that will be indicted and maybe two other criminal investigations ongoing. But who knows. I normal felony for any Joe Blow off the street could take two years in the court system before arriving at a conclusion.

And that is crazy to me. The wheels of justice turn very slow.

One of my brothers was married for 20 years, his divorce took five.

I've been in two lawsuits. One settled immediately while the other one took almost 24 months of back and forth BS before settling with me. I could only imagine if we all went to court.

As for your question, Cohen lied to Congress, committed tax fraud and violated campaign finance laws. The difference between a guy like him and some average schmuck is that Cohen gets to report to prison in March, where the average guy would have already had dinner in jail.

Im currently the plaintiff in a lawsuit that’s gone on for 3 years and 4 months....we expect it to be resolved in March 2019.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

PaSnow wrote:

So I heard something interesting to ponder about that Maria Butylia Russia girl recently taken in in the US. There's that question she asked DT at an NRA mtg about Russia relations, and Donalds answer seems pretty well rehearsed. Also, I find it quite 'coincidental' she navigated her way thru to actually asking a Presidential candidate a question. Odds seem quite high on pulling that feat off.

So, the question becomes, how propped up was she & that whole question, and who planted her?  DT?  NRA?  Russia?  Was it all an orchestrated scene?

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:
PaSnow wrote:

So I heard something interesting to ponder about that Maria Butylia Russia girl recently taken in in the US. There's that question she asked DT at an NRA mtg about Russia relations, and Donalds answer seems pretty well rehearsed. Also, I find it quite 'coincidental' she navigated her way thru to actually asking a Presidential candidate a question. Odds seem quite high on pulling that feat off.

So, the question becomes, how propped up was she & that whole question, and who planted her?  DT?  NRA?  Russia?  Was it all an orchestrated scene?

God damn i can’t keep up with all the conspiracy theories. Politics are a dirty game.

All i know is that it’ll be fun giving Trump an anal probe for the next two years.

mitchejw

mitchejw wrote:

Our time with dear old Paul Ryan is coming to an end. During his brief stint as speaker of the house, he failed in so many ways. Thanks to him (and a few other bumbling fools) the thing he prided most, fiscal responsibility, took quite a beating. Exposing what some already knew...

Although he himself was a beneficiary of Social Security benefits due to his father‘s untimely death, Paul Ryan fought to make sure that you wouldn’t get yours. That’s how he ran and won his first election. That kind of hypocrisy you can only find in the House of Representatives, in speaker form no less.

A  pathetic man who is getting out before he has to pay the consequences of his terrible policies. His lasting legacy? A mountain of debt never seen before in this country.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:

Pretty much all analysts on all networks seem perplexed by Jerome Powell’s latest rate hike.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Pretty much all analysts on all networks seem perplexed by Jerome Powell’s latest rate hike.

He’s Trump’s appointment, so that’s no surprise.

Board footer