You are not logged in. Please register or login.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Re: US Politics Thread

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Worst year for the market in a decade. But hey, we got a couple extra bucks in our paycheck thanks to that “tax cut.” Too bad my 401K losses dwarf any gain in my paycheck.

Your 401k should be way up since 2016. Market was 6,000 points lower lol

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

That’s because businesses hire them.

They are cheaper.

But anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

If Trump really cared about the hiring of illegals then he’d go after the people who hire them...

Why hasn’t he done that yet? ? it must be easier to vilify people who can’t defend themselves.

So now you want to go after farmers, landscapers, roofers, framers, and other middle class business owners struggling to find help?

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

They are cheaper.

But anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

If Trump really cared about the hiring of illegals then he’d go after the people who hire them...

Why hasn’t he done that yet? ? it must be easier to vilify people who can’t defend themselves.

So now you want to go after farmers, landscapers, roofers, framers, and other middle class business owners struggling to find help?

I think this answer is my point...this more than anything is fueled by a rage toward foreigners....legal or not...

You can’t cone here illegally unless there is a way to sustain yourself....if you turn a blind eye to that then now i know for certain what’s motivating this line of thought

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:

I think this answer is my point...this more than anything is fueled by a rage toward foreigners....legal or not...

You can’t cone here illegally unless there is a way to sustain yourself....if you turn a blind eye to that then now i know for certain what’s motivating this line of thought

Yep... issue Tax ID’s seal the border than issue work visas based on need

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Worst year for the market in a decade. But hey, we got a couple extra bucks in our paycheck thanks to that “tax cut.” Too bad my 401K losses dwarf any gain in my paycheck.

Oh, you’re right. I shouldn’t worry about losing an entire year’s worth of retirement money because our president and his complicit party only care about rich folks and corporations.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Oh, you’re right. I shouldn’t worry about losing an entire year’s worth of retirement money because our president and his complicit party only care about rich folks and corporations.

Don’t be stupid. My IRA is worth A LOT more today than it was in 2016. A LOT. Like I said, take what you had in 2016 and look at what you have now. Your money will come back. Don’t worry about the short term.

Who saw the Vice special on HBO about the financial crisis. It focused on Hank Paulson, Ben Bernanke (sp), and Tim Geitner. It was amazing.

Those guys took a lot of shit, but their plan worked. Bush comes off good in this too. None of those guys caused the crisis. Bush didn’t cause it either. Though everyone wants to blame them. The parties came together and make big decisions in a very short time. Crazy watching it now.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

You sound just like the Tea Party folks of 2009

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

You need to watch this episode. Good shit

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Don’t be stupid. My IRA is worth A LOT more today than it was in 2016. A LOT. Like I said, take what you had in 2016 and look at what you have now. Your money will come back. Don’t worry about the short term.

Who saw the Vice special on HBO about the financial crisis. It focused on Hank Paulson, Ben Bernanke (sp), and Tim Geitner. It was amazing.

Those guys took a lot of shit, but their plan worked. Bush comes off good in this too. None of those guys caused the crisis. Bush didn’t cause it either. Though everyone wants to blame them. The parties came together and make big decisions in a very short time. Crazy watching it now.

It’s not necessarily just last year I’m concerned about, it’s two more years of Trump destroying the economy. Sure the market is up, and the overall historical trend will continue to go that way. But last year was the year of Trump and the GOP’s economic policy, and many of the signs are worrisome about the direction of the country.

I already have figured I’ll have to work in some form until I’m 71. I don’t need that made any longer.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It’s not necessarily just last year I’m concerned about, it’s two more years of Trump destroying the economy. Sure the market is up, and the overall historical trend will continue to go that way. But last year was the year of Trump and the GOP’s economic policy, and many of the signs are worrisome about the direction of the country.

I already have figured I’ll have to work in some form until I’m 71. I don’t need that made any longer.

For the 50th time, the Fed’s actions and comments this past year did way more damage to the “market” than Trump. That said, I expect all that to calm down soon and things to normalize. Now, economies are cyclical. There is still a chance no matter who the president is we get a recession. This year coming up should be the best year of the economy in quite some time. Next year is another story. If other economies world wide continue to suffer we will feel it.

Board footer