You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: US Politics Thread

PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This year coming up should be the best year of the economy in quite some time. Next year is another story. If other economies world wide continue to suffer we will feel it.

This year will be the recession. Economic downturns already begun. By summer it'll be slowing down.

As for who to blame, I like how when economy rides high for 6-12 months after Obama leaves office after years of growth, it's all Trump. Yet, in Trumps second year in office it goes down, it's the Feds fault. If year 3 continues to decline, it's the Feds fault. Heck, the self admitted Trump shutdown, Pelosi's fault.

Apple already admitted sales are down pretty big in China, due to Trumps tariffs affecting their economy. Their stocks down 7%. It's going to be a big month for the market, when corporations tend to release their 4th Quarter earnings sometime after Jan 15th. If it's mostly a downer, the market will drop.

Smoking Guns
 Rep: 330 

Smoking Guns wrote:
PaSnow wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

This year coming up should be the best year of the economy in quite some time. Next year is another story. If other economies world wide continue to suffer we will feel it.

This year will be the recession. Economic downturns already begun. By summer it'll be slowing down.

As for who to blame, I like how when economy rides high for 6-12 months after Obama leaves office after years of growth, it's all Trump. Yet, in Trumps second year in office it goes down, it's the Feds fault. If year 3 continues to decline, it's the Feds fault. Heck, the self admitted Trump shutdown, Pelosi's fault.

Apple already admitted sales are down pretty big in China, due to Trumps tariffs affecting their economy. Their stocks down 7%. It's going to be a big month for the market, when corporations tend to release their 4th Quarter earnings sometime after Jan 15th. If it's mostly a downer, the market will drop.

If the Fed keeps raising rates they will trigger a recession.

This will be a good year for the US economy. Unsure on the markets. But the Fed needs to pause.

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:

Don’t be stupid. My IRA is worth A LOT more today than it was in 2016. A LOT. Like I said, take what you had in 2016 and look at what you have now. Your money will come back. Don’t worry about the short term.

Who saw the Vice special on HBO about the financial crisis. It focused on Hank Paulson, Ben Bernanke (sp), and Tim Geitner. It was amazing.

Those guys took a lot of shit, but their plan worked. Bush comes off good in this too. None of those guys caused the crisis. Bush didn’t cause it either. Though everyone wants to blame them. The parties came together and make big decisions in a very short time. Crazy watching it now.

It’s not necessarily just last year I’m concerned about, it’s two more years of Trump destroying the economy. Sure the market is up, and the overall historical trend will continue to go that way. But last year was the year of Trump and the GOP’s economic policy, and many of the signs are worrisome about the direction of the country.

I already have figured I’ll have to work in some form until I’m 71. I don’t need that made any longer.

For the 50th time, the Fed’s actions and comments this past year did way more damage to the “market” than Trump. That said, I expect all that to calm down soon and things to normalize. Now, economies are cyclical. There is still a chance no matter who the president is we get a recession. This year coming up should be the best year of the economy in quite some time. Next year is another story. If other economies world wide continue to suffer we will feel it.

I truly don’t understand how you have an excuse for Trump every single time...the Fed has been around for a long time. Now is not the only time interest rates have risen.

Trump is always the victim in your eyes. You couldn’t ever consider the possibility that Trumps erraticism and policies are to blame. Trade wars....shutting down the government...instability all across the federal government and you blame the modest increases of the interest rate...one that is still historically low.

People who always find an excuse for this presdent may need to experience real hurt before they decide to be rational.

What are the odds that Trump blames any type of recession on Obama and the Dems

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
mitchejw wrote:
Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

It’s not necessarily just last year I’m concerned about, it’s two more years of Trump destroying the economy. Sure the market is up, and the overall historical trend will continue to go that way. But last year was the year of Trump and the GOP’s economic policy, and many of the signs are worrisome about the direction of the country.

I already have figured I’ll have to work in some form until I’m 71. I don’t need that made any longer.

For the 50th time, the Fed’s actions and comments this past year did way more damage to the “market” than Trump. That said, I expect all that to calm down soon and things to normalize. Now, economies are cyclical. There is still a chance no matter who the president is we get a recession. This year coming up should be the best year of the economy in quite some time. Next year is another story. If other economies world wide continue to suffer we will feel it.

I truly don’t understand how you have an excuse for Trump every single time...the Fed has been around for a long time. Now is not the only time interest rates have risen.

Trump is always the victim in your eyes. You couldn’t ever consider the possibility that Trumps erraticism and policies are to blame. Trade wars....shutting down the government...instability all across the federal government and you blame the modest increases of the interest rate...one that is still historically low.

People who always find an excuse for this presdent may need to experience real hurt before they decide to be rational.

What are the odds that Trump blames any type of recession on Obama and the Dems

Guess what. 10 of the past 13 times Fed Raised rates a recession soon followed. All of Wall Street is staying “STOP RAISING RATES”. Guess what the Fed was doing up until 2008? RAISING RATES. It is A factor, maybe not THE factor but stop acting like it has no impact you goober. Even you hero’s on MSNBC agree.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:

Jerome Powell was to continue Yellen’s philosophy. That is why trump picked him. Powell isn’t even an economist.

bigbri
 Rep: 341 

bigbri wrote:

That’s your opinion. Stocks are crashing again today, and Apple in part blames trade tensions with China. That’s all on Trump. The GOP tax bill did not help most Americans. That’s on Trump. Those are two huge factors that the economy won’t ignore.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

That’s your opinion. Stocks are crashing again today, and Apple in part blames trade tensions with China. That’s all on Trump. The GOP tax bill did not help most Americans. That’s on Trump. Those are two huge factors that the economy won’t ignore.

Relax.

Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns wrote:
bigbri wrote:

Tim Cook, Apple, also blamed the strong dollar. Only one central bank is raising rates. The US! We should not have raised rates in December.

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Stock market under Obama = Fake

Stock Market under Trump = A success!

Bad stock market under Trump = The Fed

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

Board footer