You are not logged in. Please register or login.

PaSnow
 Rep: 205 

Re: Thinking of giving up Netflix

PaSnow wrote:

For a while. It's just be blehhh lately. Original shows mostly suck, only a few good movies I could probably rent on Redbox. Anyone recommend either Showtime or HBO? 

(Admittedly not a Game Of Thrones fan, but myb I could watch older series esp Boardwalk Empire). Also not too into MMA or boxing, how are the movies selection on either of these?  Any insights appreciated.

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

PaSnow wrote:

For a while. It's just be blehhh lately. Original shows mostly suck, only a few good movies I could probably rent on Redbox. Anyone recommend either Showtime or HBO? 

(Admittedly not a Game Of Thrones fan, but myb I could watch older series esp Boardwalk Empire). Also not too into MMA or boxing, how are the movies selection on either of these?  Any insights appreciated.

I have both and recommend them both. Far too many amazing shows on each channel you’d enjoy. Give Billions on Showtime a watch. Ray Donovan and Homeland are also excellent, and I enjoy Shameless as well.

HBO hasn’t made a series I disliked, so you can’t go wrong.  But Curb Your Enthusiam and Veep are excellent comedies. Westworld is absolutely beautiful.

Have you tried getting into FX or AMC shows?  I find many of those to be as good as their premium counterparts.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

Thanks. I might lean towards Showtime, although I checked out Shameless in the past, was a bit too far for me (trashy).

Randall Flagg wrote:

Have you tried getting into FX or AMC shows?  I find many of those to be as good as their premium counterparts.

I cut the cord years ago & only have a Roku. I was paying for Walking Dead for a few years thru its Fandango app, was a good deal about $35/season so about $2/episode commercial free. Biggest drawback was it came out the day after it aired. Anyway TWD dragged on too much for me with Neegan so I stopped watching.  I'll check their sites if there's anything I'm into but tbh I was never into 1 hour dramas. Binging can be tough too, catching up on 50+ episodes, that's sorta what happened with Shameless, I think someone told me about it & old eps are/were on Netflix I think. I watched the 1st ep & just saw 5 seasons of it to watch & just said Nope.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is great tho, might sway me back to HBO. Gosh, that's been on almost 20 years off & on.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

People still pay for tv?  16

Randall Flagg
 Rep: 139 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

People still pay for tv?  16

I’m cutting the cord this Friday. I already pay for Hulu, Netflix and amazon prime. I get free HBO from AT&T.

I finally realized paying $230 a month for cable I rarely watch and/or pay for in duplicate was outright retarded. So gigabit internet here I come.

IRISH OS1R1S
 Rep: 59 

IRISH OS1R1S wrote:

It's the way to go mate. I cut the cord long ago. Honestly there is fuck all on tv mostly anyway and with the rising costs I could no longer justify it.

No regrets.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

All I have is Netflix

Cancelled cable TV 2 years ago now

slcpunk
 Rep: 149 

slcpunk wrote:

I canceled cable about ten years ago. It sucked!

johndivney wrote:

All I have is Netflix as well.
& am thinking of getting rid of it. Only things it’s good for for me are BoJack & IASIP & Rick n Morty. Too much crappy original content not enough proper stuff. Friends? Fuck that shit.
Black Mirror Bandersnatch was cool. Bird box was fucking awful.
Saul is really great but it’s not really Netflix original.
Now they’re transitioning to awful celebrity quiz shows seems it’s time is up seems more bargain bin brain dead trashy shit than proper service with decent catalogue. + why decent search engine buried behind browser manipulation, puts shit up front.

E.g. South Park was great this year. That’s the problem too much stuff spread over too many providers. Amazon etc too expensive. Film industry still not caught up to piracy.

PaSnow

PaSnow wrote:

One thing about Cohen to look out for, I have a feeling Stormy & McDougal weren't the only ones, as there were NDA's signed by the recipients. Some, might have just wanted the money anyway. Wouldn't surprise me if this becomes a Tiger Woods situation where it's discovered there's many more. Which puts the money spent & not reported into the millions.

Also CNN says while some Mueller investigation issues won't be covered or answered to, it's possible the Trump Moscow talks may be, and how long into the campaign it stretched.

Board footer