You are not logged in. Please register or login.

zombux
 Rep: 36 

Re: Happy 10th anniversary, Chinese Democracy!

zombux wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

That shows very little faith in Axl’s ability....I figure what is in the vault will be similar to Chinese in quality just as Uyi1 is with Uyi2. hmm

"faith".
LOL.
such a word can only remain in a very naive fan's vocabulary in 2019.

Sky Dog wrote:

I am far from “naive” hot shot...

A Private Eye
 Rep: 77 

Sky Dog wrote:

That shows very little faith in Axl’s ability....I figure what is in the vault will be similar to Chinese in quality just as Uyi1 is with Uyi2. hmm

No, I just have little faith that locked away in a dog shit filled studio for a couple of years, a group of glorified session musicians managed to create some musical masterpiece that we’re being denied from hearing due to Axls procrastination or whatever.

esoterica
 Rep: 69 

esoterica wrote:

Ashba and Bach said there’s some cool stuff in the vault, Slash said something to that effect, and Axl himself said CD2 was ready.

That’s enough for me.

If it’s half as good as CD, fine with me.

But I anticipate there’s some good stuff there.

zombux

zombux wrote:
A Private Eye wrote:
Sky Dog wrote:

No, I just have little faith that locked away in a dog shit filled studio for a couple of years, a group of glorified session musicians managed to create some musical masterpiece that we’re being denied from hearing due to Axls procrastination or whatever.

this.
realistically, there are probably some interesting to very interesting tunes or at least ideas, but I'm not really that convinced that those are really useful to make some release "great".

Chinese Democracy wasn't a bad album, of course. but I'd give it about 7/10 - it was way too overcooked and delayed, and the content itself wasn't that genius as everybody kept babbling about for all the years. I mean, can anyone at least remotely sane consider stuff like Scraped "great"?

of course, there's that thing about if ChiDem was just a "start" or if it was "the best of" - I guess nobody will ever be able to tell, because the stuff that was made during the whole era will most likely be buried completely, or released in some twisted form, partly or fully re-recorded by NITL lineup, which is... meh. it has already probably been re-recorded by Ashba-lineup and before that by Bumble/Robin-lineup, of course we can still go even more back into the history and consider the original stuff later re-recorded by Buckethead-lineup. all the stuff is so confused and a huge pile of disoriented stuff, that I think, at this point, all persons around will just let it be where it is.

(don't get me wrong, the idea of some release that would include stuff in its original late 90's or early 2000's state sounds like a Holy Grail of GNR, but realistically, I think nobody can expect that and it would be a huge miracle)

Sky Dog wrote:

I try to keep it simple at this point. A new song is a new song no matter when it was recorded or who plays on it. If I haven’t heard it in any form, it is new to me. Every Gnr album has songs of varying quality and beauty is in the eye of the beholder. No judge and jury decides what songs or albums are “better” than others. It is art and there are no right or wrong opinions. I just wish we had more officially released Gnr material to argue about. sad

mitchejw
 Rep: 130 

mitchejw wrote:

What is it about this band that keeps people hanging on? They’re not creating new music....take it from someone who has been waiting since 1998.

It’s a real shame time and talent that has been wasted.

zombux

zombux wrote:

36ea58e50cd55aade04d6a6a6c674156.jpg

Axl S
 Rep: 112 

Axl S wrote:

To my mind the best thing to happen with the vault would just be a huge release for curious hardcore fans. If a song includes a different version from each lineup (96-99,00-04, 06-08, 08-14) just include the best possible master and mix of each of those and make it a big mutli disc set.

Even if there are ideas, riffs, whole songs used by the current lineup for a new album that will still be fine. Just get this shit out there.

Neemo
 Rep: 485 

Neemo wrote:

Yours for only $1,399.00

Comes with a scratch n sniff dogshit sticker in the shape of the afd cross with 8 poop emojies instead of skulls, a 2" x 2" piece of a garbage bag worn by robin in live show from 2006 and some yellow and red confetti

Board footer